Sweet shop closing

Their ice cream was delicious and very well priced, and their chocolates - though relatively expensive - were very yummy and really useful for a small gift.

They took a lot of trouble boxing them up, tying a ribbon on them and putting them in a stripey paper carrier, even for just six quids' worth.

• 2 weeks later...

For sweet shop fans - I hear there'll be a stall on NX market from next Saturday selling weighed sweets and other sweets, some from NZ.

I found this out just after I turned onto NX yesterday and thought hmm time for sugar fix, only to be brutally reminded H&G has gone.

Sweet stall will be next to Pie in the Sky van.

Hi Rahrahrah

The Dogfather ? lol. (yum)

I am just starting out and have a lot of vintage dog stuff at the mo, but the plan is to have my own range of collars and leads, coats and beds etc.

I am getting a whole load of collars and leads in on thursday. I need to build up stock slowly - it's expensive!!!

In homage to the sweet shop I do have a range of dog themed lollipops in lovely flavours like salted caramel (for humans not dogs) And I have sheepskins that are especially to be used as dog blankets.

I will also be having 'dog of the week' so please send me in pics of your dogs. Can I say my email?

Hi Lilyrose....can I suggest that you start a new thread introducing yourself and your shop and your dog of the week comp, you might find more folks see it than a thread headed up about the sweet shop...and I don't think there is any restriction on publishing an email address, just check out the rules for businesses thread the top this section.

Good luck

Thank you Cedges. I will take that on board and maybe do it when I am brave enough. I only came on here to defend myself and my shop as I didn't want people to think that I did anything other than buy a shop that was for sale.

I think people would have been just as angry if I had opened a shop selling sweets so I can't win really

Good luck Lillyrose. I've just got a dog and will be popping down to have a look at your shop. At least you're saving all those kids' teeth now ;-) For those who are sad about the loss of the sweet shop, there is a great one in Forest Hill called Sugar Mountain. A short bus-hop away!

Starting your own thread is a good idea. This thread will inevitably draw people that will say "it's a shame the sweet shop is going, and your shop will take the (completely unfair) brunt of their diappointment).

A new thread all about your shop will draw no unnecessary unrelated malice from morons.

Hi All

Local Hope & Greenwood fans will still be able to get their fix over the road at ed which will soon stock their confectionery, we already do so at Tomlinsons in the village and The Dulwich Trader in West Dulwich.

@lillyrose - great piece in the FT, the shop is looking great, we wish you all the best.

• 3 months later...

Hi All

I do from time to time have a look on forums and search my shop to see if I have been mentioned on any threads which I'm sure most local independant shops do.

I'd like to thank all that have mentioned me and for the kind words on this thread aswell as others.

I'd also like to wish Lilyrose the very best of luck with her new venture as a fellow Localish independent trader.

Lilyrose I have cats so will have to try and get down to you when I get time, I'm only in Forest Hill but only have 1 day off which is normally manic doing community stuff.

On that note I am working with surrounding areas to try and do more for the community in SE London as a whole so let me know if you are interested in getting involved.

I've met Dan and he is lovely. I'm also working with the music guys in Dulwich which is mainly So Solid, these guys are doing so much for charity. This is a good old mix match to bring everyone together from all walks of life as I have now got an email to ask to work with kids with disabilities and disadvantaged kids through philosophy which I have said YES too and think it a brilliant idea.

Give me a shout if you want to get involved.

Pauline :)