Owner of The Bishop opens new pub in Herne Hill

Be bout ya Tillie but me a gwan to dinner at J Sheekys in Soho tomorrow night, but me mus a check it later. Glad you liked the King Tubby. Oh! and Fractionater me been drinking the Red Stripes since me were a lickle yout bwoy and you were still in a ya pram. Cha!

fractionater Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Grolsch....yuk!

HOW DARE YOU!!! ;-) Seriously, I like it.... Actually quite like Heiniken these days too, since they got rid of that watery cr@p we used to have, and made it all 5% like it is in Europe.

Red Stripe is okay, never had it as a student, but would certainly have it over Carlsberg, Carling or forsters (watery, gassy rubbish that just gives me the hicups and makes me need the loo more often than I'd like!).

Morning All.

Went to the opening party of The Florence last night and I have got to say "What an amazing pub". You're gonna love it. So stylish but not TOO ponced up. Lots of outside drinking space. I loved it! Not open until Tuesday apparently but definately worth a trip up t road.:)-D

I also went to the opening party last night and i must admit it is a fab place. So well done and the open plan kitchen really adds to the place. I can see the Prince Regent quaking in their boots already! All in all well done guys! One suggestion Scott (if you havent thought of it already) how about laying grass in the area which was the car park?

have thought about grass. Have a look a the lawn at the herne, you will see why i will not be turfing...

Tillie, peroni is expensive because it is exactly the same product (brewed in italy)in a bottle as it is on draught. Everybody pays ?3 for a 330ml bottle. So for a pint (568ml) one should expect to pay ?5.16...............however no bottling needs to pay be paid for..... ?3.60 a pint is good value. It is a cracking lager with really nice glassware. Peroni themselves are recommending ?3.80. ?3.60 at the bishop, came on yesterday.

The florence opens midday on tuesday.....

We went to The Florence on Saturday evening (and bumped into a few forumites!) and I do quite like it. Though did think the bar service was a little slow. But a good alternative if you want a night out away from LL. Had meal in the 3 Monkeys afterwards which was delicious and well recommended.

I'll second that about the Florence. I've never been there before (when it was Ganleys) so I have nothing to compare it to but I thought it was great. Good selection of beers, ample space inside and outside and good service. Mrs Mark said the toilets were spot on which, petty as it seems to us men folk, is very important for the ladies so a big tick there. We also indulged in a burger from the menu (which is the same as the Bishop's), again no complaints.

So if it's a nice day and you fancy a drink, I'd recommend the 15/20 minute walk (or jumping on the dirty-seven bus) to go check out the Florence.

haha i thought it was just me who said "dirty-seven"!!!

also going back to a previous point, the CPT should have:

1. Rolls - just simple cheese and pickle rolls, for a quid

2. A Sunday night quick quiz a la The Canton Arms in Stockwell, where they hand out a list of questions at 7pm and you have until 9pm to hand them in, bottle of wine for the winner.

yes, work will start end of january '08. Concentrating on freshening up the downstairs first, it has been hammered over the last 2 1/2 years. New air con just installed, with a few more tricks up sleeve...