Fire On Lordship Lane

HOMum

I live 2 flats over. Was on the verge of sleep when a racket of banging on the street level door started. Thought it was some unruly yoofs, but it persisted. I uttered something like - "I'm not getting out of bed unless there's a fire" and then the trucks arrived. Quickly put on trousers and ventured out into the bitter cold. Was sheepish when the fireman wondered why I didn't answer the door.

Thankfully, the woman was unhurt, but there must be a lot of damage. Apparently it was an electrical fire (portable heater?) which originally started with an easy chair. I didn't know anyone was living there - looks very unkept.

The woman who lives there has been there at least 60 years or more I spoke to her last year the day the tyer shop closed she is very happy there and was well pis# off with lot's of interfearing people offering her money to sell the place I hope she is all right but where will she sleep to night???????

Bob S

karter Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The place looks hazardous, the lil old lady should

> really put it on the market and move somewhere

> more apropriate. If anybody knows her and is

> reading this, i will buy it, just pm me. Thanks.

It's my understanding that William Rose has been trying to buy her place ever since they opened and even offering to keep a flat above for her, but she won't budge..

SimonM Wrote:

> I imagine she is pissed off because she gets asked

> the question so much and certain people refuse to

> take it for an answer?

If the biggest problem I had was people offering to buy my house every now and then, I reckon I'd be doing pretty well.

Jeremy Wrote:

> SimonM Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I imagine she is pissed off because she gets

> asked

> > the question so much and certain people refuse

> to

> > take it for an answer?

>

> If the biggest problem I had was people offering

> to buy my house every now and then, I reckon I'd

> be doing pretty well.

Maybe she's different from you, and values her home more than speculating on making a load of dosh. Who knows. Hope she's ok anyhow.

What the hell are you talking about popey? When did I say that I value "speculating on making a load of dosh" over my home?

I was just saying that it's not a big deal, nothing to get too pissed off about. I don't see how it's any worse than getting calls from call centres trying to sell you stuff, or people knocking on your door pestering you... it happens. The old dear doesn't have to sell if she doesn't want to, nobody can force her. Personally I couldn't give a stuff what she - or anybody else - does with their property.

Don't read between the lines and judge me. Prat.

ouch!

Ok, maybe I was harsh. Just seems a bit sad that a thread about someone being burnt out of their home descends into a debate about the merits of selling said property and whether it should or shouldn't piss you off if people kept asking you to sell.

ok Jeremy pop your address up on this thread and let people come round at all hours of the day and night patronize you, assume you are an idiot and make an attempt to purchase your property for a ludicrously low sum every 10 days or so and see who is the prat and see where the similarity with call centre cold calls is.

As one get's older thing's change, something that seem's small and not much of a problem to us can be a large harasment and a large problem to some one older.My Mum's 80 next birthday.

I'm not shure if she has any one to help her I have never seen any one else go in.

Bob S

Maybe William Rose are upping the anti and trying to smoke her out - those organic types don't take no for an answer.

I wonder whether a bigger William Rose would mean more meat/more queues or less queues/less waiting around outside but more waiting around inside instead.

Would it mean more room inside and the more people that can fit inside the more people that can call themselves regulars, which is handy come christmas. Everyone wins, bar the old lady.