Fire On Lordship Lane

HOMum

I don't know about the merits of which minutiae warrant discussion here or not, but wish there was such an active forum where I live. I looked for one after joining here and all I could find had about a year's worth of messages (can you recommend a good au pair, plumber, good school without a waiting list etc) on a whole page from people spread all across the area it was meant to be aimed for. Maybe people north of the river just don't want to talk to each other. I've lived here all my life and that's probably the case.

KD you're a very sweet chap. Your neighbours should work harder!

On the li'l ol' lady, please take my concern and consideration for here well being as given, but..

I feel that we should have a responsibility to our community that sits hand-in-hand with our ego. It's not responsible to create derelict high streets by restricting access to commercial property. It's turning into an ED habit, with the place adjacent to Blue mountain as a further example.

Planning permission should work both ways - we're not entitled to turn our front rooms into shops, and we shouldn't be allowed to turn shops into front rooms. It's f*cked up.

(Yes I know, broken record, I have posted on this before ;-))

>>Planning permission should work both ways - we're not entitled to turn our front rooms into shops, and we shouldn't be allowed to turn shops into front rooms. It's f*cked up. <<

I don't think she did this though? I think she just lives on the top 2 floors and chose not to re-let the ground floor commercial premises? The main thrust of your point still applies of course - although there are former commercial properties all over ED that have been converted to residentials. Sometimes there is just no longer any commercial demand.

I'm completely shocked to find out she's only 60. The newspaper article referred to her as "an elderly woman" and the forumites all called her "an old woman". I honestly thought we were talking about a 90-year old.

alba Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm completely shocked to find out she's only 60.

> The newspaper article referred to her as "an

> elderly woman" and the forumites all called her

> "an old woman". I honestly thought we were talking

> about a 90-year old.

Don't believe everything you read in the Southwark Press.

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Haven't various landlords been trying to buy it

> from her for years?!

Morning, Glad she is ok. Lots of people have been after this property it seems. Unfortunately with the current climate and degree of damage this place will be worth less sorry to say. She could have made a fortune had she sold up a couple of years ago.