New Shops in Dulwich / Peckham

Message added by Administrator,

Due to this topic being excessively long, a new 2024 "New Shops in Dulwich / Peckham" has been opened here. Please continue the discussion there.

Re Rosie's Cafe

I went there for lunch with my husband last Friday. Delicious food, we shared a yummy scotch egg, I had a huge plate of delicious fresh salads with humous and toasted sourdough and my husband had a lovely salami, aubergine and rocket toasted roll.

Great coffee too made by a very charming barista and the most delicious chocolate/hazelnut brownie. I am a big fan of Rosie's Brixton but Rosie's Peckham is bigger and better.

Highly recommended, just please don't eat ALL the brownies.

ha Nigello! well in that case... i'll attach a current menu, which will probably be slightly changed in a few weeks after the first run but you can get a feel of things anyway. the salads change daily as do cakes. social media - INSTA: spoonwithrosie TWITTER: @RosieLovell @RosiesDeliCafe FACEBOOK: rosiesdelicafe xx

From what I can gather there might end up being 3 pizza places near Queens Road.Blackbirds do pizza nights Thursday-Saturday,then the new Pedler and also So Dough/Do?!Can we have a curry place instead please or a decent Malaysian perhaps?Nice to have a variety.

Would love to Baggs,my mum is an incredible cook and I have been cheeky and tried to persuade her to cook professionally.Her curry puffs are little mouthfuls of heaven!

For now I will leave it to all the brave people starting up new local food places.I look forward to trying out Rosie's, and I want to try out Miss Tapas too.We popped to Yada's last month and had a delicious huge wrap with salads and a veggie dumpling thing (sorry can't remember the name).

I'm going to organise a food crawl of Peckham for friends soon.Yum.

Tsunami does good sushi on Lordship Lane

rfolgado Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> a lot going on... Mike & Ollie and Theo's Pizzeria

> are opening in Camberwell.

>

> Icefires is great (oddonos watch out!).

>

> What's missing around here is a great sushi place!

The Spanish Deli has been open for a while now. I go there every Saturday for jamon. Also, on Friday's and Saturday they sell the most amazing tortilla sspanola (one of the them typically has chorizo in it). They have a good selection of wine, meets, cheese, olives, oil etc. Well worth checking out if you like Mediterranean food.

Baggs Wrote:

> Amazing tiling above what looks to be a new

> spanish deli on North X road, anyone got any more

> info?

Sorry LondonMix, it looked like there were extensive renovations/new signage being installed when I walked past last night. I presumed it was a different shop not an update to Tierra Verde.

LondonMix Wrote:

> The Spanish Deli has been open for a while now. I

> go there every Saturday for jamon. Also, on

> Friday's and Saturday they sell the most amazing

> tortilla sspanola (one of the them typically has

> chorizo in it). They have a good selection of

> wine, meets, cheese, olives, oil etc. Well worth

> checking out if you like Mediterranean food.

>

> Baggs Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Amazing tiling above what looks to be a new

> > spanish deli on North X road, anyone got any

> more

> > info?

Fabulous ice fire is indeed very good, we tried it today. Easily on a par with O. But having no signage and not obviously being an ice cream shop to attract passing traffic is senseless. I sat outside this afternoon for an hour and not a single other customer came in during that time. I hope they know what they're doing because I'd hate them to go out of business due to sheer pretentiousness!