> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > SSN BREAKING NEWS

> >

> > Giggs has just scored in time added on and made

> it

> > 5-3

>

> And wait for the flak to come flying in.

Nah, that's banter, not sneering bitterness...

Mick Mac Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sol Campbell leaves Notts County. Apparently his

> agent showed him his new shirt as an encouragement

> to sign and Sol thought he was signing for

> Juventus. Now he knows the truth.

In a similar vein, when Santini was asked to sign as manager for THFC, he said he thought he was going to be the manager of the Thierry Henry Fan Club, and then the bitter truth dawned on him!!

loved the comment from the manager on the lines of ' we were away at Macclesfield and the reality of it sunk in' made me chuckle. What was he actually expecting? Nice thT the real world encroaches on their ivory towers every know and then.

Not like good old Sheringham who'll play anywhere that'll have him, where is he now, Dagenham or something?

mockney piers Wrote:

> loved the comment from the manager on the lines of

> ' we were away at Macclesfield and the reality of

> it sunk in' made me chuckle. What was he actually

> expecting? Nice thT the real world encroaches on

> their ivory towers every know and then.

>

> Not like good old Sheringham who'll play anywhere

> that'll have him, where is he now, Dagenham or

> something?

The despised Sheringham now plys his trade at Beckenham Town

matthew123 Wrote:

> Wikipedia "News broke at the start of September

> 2009 that Sheringham had returned to football,

> signing for Kent League side Beckenham Town, but

> this was later revealed to be a failed publicity

> stunt by the club."

Sheringham and the word stunt, surely they mean..................................

Truth - it worries me and I've been trying not to think about it too hard. Alcohol helps. Last time he tried, he f*cked up, we lost Steve Bruce (not necessarily a bad thing at the time) and we got relegated. For a 'paper' billionaire he seems remarkably short of cash - needed a bridging loan for the ?3m non-returnable deposit he put down and a rights issue for Grandtop to raise the ?57m for purchase. Grandtop annual report states that their football related director (MacManaman, Fan Zhiyi, Karambeu) all have extensive football management experience - I'm not aware that they have a day between them. So far the takeover has fallen foul of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange twice - his offer to fund ?5m of transfers out of his own pocket (he claimed to have already spoken to players) and lack of information supplied prior to the rights issue - this delays the EGM in Hong Kong to 5 October.

The current board seem to be going anyway - adverts round Brum, emails to supporters, article on website, annoucning Saturday's game is their last at St Andrews. They rescued the club from administration 16 years ago and have made vast steps forward - debt free, yearly profits (except one year) - but never made the required investment to take the club through to the next stage. And they've had a lot of criticism for this over the past few years. They're also getting a good return on their initial (and subsequent) investment. But they've come to the decision its time to move on (and I wish them well, even if this is not universally true for Blues fans).

Ka Song (his real name) Yeung says he wants Birmingham to open up the Chinese market but seems very vague about how he intends to do this. Most fans want him to build on our current status, investing more in the playing side. So far this season, performances have been very solid with some good football being played (unlike the previous season and a half which have been dire) and some good players brought in. Still desperately short of a creative midfielder and a goalscorer. If he gives McLeish the money to bring them in, fans will love him (until we get relegated). Also we need to get the fourth side of the ground redeveloped.

At the moment, it's all a bit wait and see. I wouldn't be totally surprised if the takeover collapsed at the last minute.