How are we today?

Strawbs

I went to bed at 6 am and got up at 8am, I can't quite believe I am functioning at work and was here by ten to 9. I think it might be the miracle of two dinners, although that is bound to wear off soon. I am exhausted and supposed to be out again tonight!

Feeling good today. Walked on the Rye this morning with the mists making it beautiful.

Watched the fowl on the lake. Spring has sprung. Fighting between drakes - did a quick head count, not enough ducks to go round - there'll be tears before bedtime.

Fighting between two old coots (for some reason HonaB and TedMax sprang to mind). They float on their bottoms and furiously paddle their feet at each other, [the coots, ie, not HB & TM] very funny to watch.

Only the geese were serene, but they pair up exactly. Suspect grievous incest in their case, but they didn't seem to care.

Spotted two pied wagtails splashing in a puddle which also brings a cheer.

Now I've made myself sad - I didn't realise I was a closet twitcher.

LOL. That picture sums me up nicely. Finished working at 3am, crept into the spare room so as not to wake Mrs LL and hardly slept because it was so cold (summer duvet), then awoke at 6.30 to the little LL's. To cap it all I'm trying to fathom out my tax return!

I went to bed at 4am but I'm bright and bouncy this morning thanks to a strong caffeine hit (which is now wearing off). I'm going bowling tonight at that place in Bloomsbury. I am actually expected to bowl, which is very inconvenient as it plays hell with a French manicure and they make you wear really ugly shoes. I may need a little energy boost before then.

I'm loving the adorable little fellow in the photograph.

Ted Max Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Never mind the sweater, what about the pink posing

> pouch for his swollen testes?

Those aren't his testes, Ted.

He's getting a blowie - from a baboon.

Which explains the facial expression.

I am at work and not feeling well, which is about as good an answer as you'll get! I wanted to put up a photo but my stupid desktop won't let me save an image to it because of, oh, I don't know, government stuff I guess. So I can't show you all a photo of how I am right now :(

Maybe I should go home early? Hmmmm....decisions decisions.

Hannah6_6 Wrote:

> I went to bed at 6 am and got up at 8am, I can't

> quite believe I am functioning at work and was

> here by ten to 9. I think it might be the miracle

> of two dinners, although that is bound to wear off

> soon. I am exhausted and supposed to be out again

> tonight!

Hey Hannah6_6 !

I'm intrigued! What were you up to last night that saw you home at 6am! Lucky you with the exciting social life :)

S

Sarah J. Wrote:

> Hannah6_6 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I went to bed at 6 am and got up at 8am, I

> can't

> > quite believe I am functioning at work and was

> > here by ten to 9. I think it might be the

> miracle

> > of two dinners, although that is bound to wear

> off

> > soon. I am exhausted and supposed to be out

> again

> > tonight!

>

> Hey Hannah6_6 !

>

> I'm intrigued! What were you up to last night that

> saw you home at 6am! Lucky you with the exciting

> social life :)

>

> S

And why werent we invited!!?? ;-)

Would you believe it was work?!

Honestly it really was.

I was at the Cabinet War Rooms for a black tie dinner I organised and then got dragged to a bar in Dover Street for a very long time, at 4.30 am I was eating Chinese (second dinner or breakfast?!?) in Soho with 8 very drunk middle aged men and it was some time and many cups of tea later before I finally got in a cab. All in a days work. But ill advised on a Monday.

Argh.... what makes companies think it is a good idea to have a celebratory meal to mark the end of a project on a Tuesday night? :(

Am feeling decidedly fuzzy headed this morning. Hard to keep track of what you are drinking when the waiters keep refilling your glass when you are lost in conversation. Still I shouldn't complain too much, it was free.