Trains from East Dulwich (seem to be terrible)

Gardenia

Dr De Soto Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It is 10 20 and I'm about to catch the 'delayed'

> 8:30 train . This is beyond a joke especially as

> national rail 10 mins ago said 'no delays'

Isn't that because all the information is being incorrectly displayed this am, due to a computer error? I caught a 9:04 train which was described as the 7:38, but was definitely the 9:04.

Of the ten times I've been to ED station recently I think the train has been on time once, usually at least 2 minutes late. Today the 7:50am was cancelled which meant 30 minutes between trains to LB Then from London Bridge the 11:40am became a 'fast to Tulse Hill' because it was so delayed, with the 11:55 being a mere 5 minutes late.

I left Moorgate at 1645 and did not get to East Dulwich until 1748. Was late for picking up child. Even though I left extra early! How is that possible? I am sick to the back teeth of these dishonest imbeciles. I spoke to the manager as I had time on my hands. Basically it's crap, they know it and it's going to be like that until January.

I call them dishonest because they basically have no intention of running a proper service. They're just pretending thy are.

In the meantime, ed parents with kids to pick up, I salute you.

"I call them dishonest because they basically have no intention of running a proper service. They're just pretending thy are. "

I think that's out of order to be honest . Why would they have no intention? Given the amount of disruption caused by rebuilding etc disruption is going to be part of the deal until long after January.

If they could run a better service they wouldn't have hundreds of people abusing them daily - that would be plenty incentive

There isn't a day goes by where I'm not delayed if I go via London Bridge - but I already know what's happening there and I never think "oh they have no intention"

Too cynical

From what the station manager said to me, disruptions for platform 15 will continue until January. So no they are not running a normal service and do not expect to be running one for weeks to come. If they can't run all the trains, they should have admitted it and amended the timetables accordingly.

Considering we're living in one of the wealthiest cities in the world, the public transport on offer is a disgrace. I drop my children off at nursery at 8 and the only way I can be at my office (just 4.5 miles away) by 9 is to cycle. That is not good enough. If the Mayor didn't keep spending all his transport budget on tourist attractions instead of actual transport infrastructure (the Emirates Dangleway, Garden Bridge etc) and vanity projects such as the new Routemaster, we might be able to get some high frequency tube lines in SE London.

rahrahrah Wrote:

... If the Mayor didn't keep spending all his

> transport budget on tourist attractions instead of

> actual transport infrastructure (the Emirates

> Dangleway, Garden Bridge etc) and vanity projects

> such as the new Routemaster, we might be able to

> get some high frequency tube lines in SE London.

The Jubilee line extension was something like ?330m per mile

Whilst I agree that the Emirates (?35m odd) is a white elephant, but coupled with the Routemaster cost (?35m depending on who you listen to) would buy you less than a quarter mile.

Monkey Wrote:

> I left Moorgate at 1645 and did not get to East

> Dulwich until 1748. Was late for picking up child.

Do you live anywhere near Denmark Hill or Peckham Rye? If so, there are a few other options... Overground via Whitechapel, train from City Thameslink, Northern line down to Elephant (then a train or bus), etc. If you have to travel in peak time and absolutely need to be somewhere on time, probably best to look into other options.

Jeremy Wrote:

> If you think things are going to get better in

> Jan/Feb, you've got another thing coming...

I have to say that I am anticipating some improvements, more or less to the state things were in before August (i.e. not perfect but much more reliable).

With the out-of-action platforms 10-11 at LBG becoming accessible to trains again, this ought to reduce the squeeze on the junctions for the other platforms 12-15, which should reduce delays queuing for platforms at London Bridge.

Additionally, the sectioned off area that causes people congestion between the ticket barriers and Platforms 12-15, will be removed and improve the flow of foot traffic in that area, hopefully meaning that Platform 15 will clear quicker on some occasions - it's been bedlam recently.

http://uhoun19qey9384ovv24t33c1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/September-14-london-bridge-map.pdf

One downside is that presumably their next phase will shut off Platforms 8 and 9, meaning that the footbridge will go out of action.