Louisa

honk Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I had great fun watching a couple of morons on my

> road who were so desperate they spent 2 hours

> digging their precious motor out, then slid all

> over the road until they pranged a parked car

> about 5 mins later. Duuh.

Which road are you living in where it took, even in today's uncommon conditions, two people two hours, to dig their car out of the snow?

Perhaps you could have offered some assistance to melt the snow for them, what with your pants being on fire and all.

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

> >

>if Sema Thai can

> pack em in on a Monday afternoon, you KNOW

> business is brisk.

>

>

xxxxx

Hope it was better food and service than we had on New Year's Day (also very crowded) - I used to like Sema Thai, and had eaten there many times, but that meal was so extremely and extraordinarily bad in just about every respect, I'm never eating there again.

Slow service I could forgive them for, as they hadn't expected so many punters, but not the absolutely appalling food. I can only think their chef was on holiday and one of the waiters who had never cooked in his/her life was in the kitchen.

:-S

Hi Louisa,

Only in Britain, I think not, I just had this email from my friend Kylie in Oz:

"In Victoria the temperature has been above 44 degrees for more than one week and more 40+ temperatures have been forecast.

Electricity supplies are failing, trains have stopped running because tracks are buckling under the heat. It?s just scorching.

And it seems that the people are not the only ones suffering.

Check these photos of a little koala which just walked onto a home's back verandah looking for a bit of heat relief.

The woman filled up a bucket of water for it and this is what happened .... "

giggirl those pix are adorable.

Get me one NOW.

Meanwhile, louisa I am so sorry you have problems accepting London's faults, but one thing that I loved about yesterday was that people talked with one another even if - as I witnessed in the park - some of them were "talking" to a woman who was telling her little kid not to throw a snowball.

People were helping each other and meeting up and building snowmen together.

It was great.

I am going to Lordship Lane to take some photos for someone and hope to see more of the same.

Well everyone, glad you all had a great day further f*cking up our economy yesterday! (as if the banks have not done enough damage already), I presume most of you are now back to work are you? Or is the melting half an inch still on the ground causing you problems? :'( lol

Thousands of people left stranded by a suspended public transport network, foreign visitors left wondering whether Britain really is a place worth visiting and many people killed or injured on the roads because the necessary emergency equiptment was not freely available for use or had not been invested in. Glad you all had fun!

(By the way the small koala is adorable)

Louisa.

Louisa Wrote:

> Well everyone, glad you all had a great day

> further f*cking up our economy yesterday! (as if

> the banks have not done enough damage already), I

> presume most of you are now back to work are you?

> Or is the melting half an inch still on the ground

> causing you problems? :'( lol

>

> Thousands of people left stranded by a suspended

> public transport network, foreign visitors left

> wondering whether Britain really is a place worth

> visiting and many people killed or injured on the

> roads because the necessary emergency equiptment

> was not freely available for use or had not been

> invested in. Glad you all had fun!

>

> (By the way the small koala is adorable)

>

> Louisa.

Ah, the schools must be off again, the 6th formers have overrun the message boards with posts like this.

What exactly is your point? I don't understand.

Perhaps you should invest some time reading over my first post on this thread before you snap at me. Further more, I could only dream of the days in which I was a young sixth former lol (but thankyou for the kind compliment).

Louisa.

Any hope I held in my heart that Louisa might have warmed up a little after yesterday.. cruelly dashed

Here's a forecast Louisa - visitors will keep coming to London. They will!!! Honestly....

Thousands you say? It's scarcely believable isn't it. Thank heavens the good citizens of this country have never had to endure hardship of the like ....

Or, and this is more likely, killed or injured by either their lack of care or a drivers lack of care and attention. These things happen every day on dry roads Louisa

Louisa Wrote:

>

> (By the way the small koala is adorable)

Proof positive that, despite her often scathing posts and apparent dislike of many things East Dulwich post 2001, Louisa is nothing more than a big softy ((((Louisa))))

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

> Good point Barny

>

> The bars/cafes that were open on the lane were

> making hay while the snow fell... if Sema Thai can

> pack em in on a Monday afternoon, you KNOW

> business is brisk.

>

> Yes somehow I doubt the "business experts"

> calculating the billions lost today will factor in

> that

They may not factor in the fact that cafe's/retaurants/bars made a killing yesterday, probably due to the fact that trading in the city has a more immediate effect. The Sema Thai sure was packed with firemen at one point too. The consumer unit caught fire and one of the firmen asked to use my phone to call the station, he told the station that EDF had come down and cut off the supply ( nice one ADMIN) and they had to come back to re-connect after repairs had taken place.

EDF meaning EDF electricity of course.

I'm really scared to say this - but i kind of agree with Louisa!! It's ridiculous that everything grinds to a halt. I work for an animal charity, and many of our workers couldn't get in simply because there was no public transport. We had a skeleton staff (people living in or very local) who had to clean cages and feed cats both in the morning and again at night. Somehow it wouldn't mean much to the cats if we told them they couldnt eat because it was snowing!!!

Strawbs Wrote:

> totally agree with the sentiment of just sit back,

> relax and enjoy! Its not like this happens every

> winter, this is the first winter in 4 years that I

> have been here that I have seen it.. Its my very

> first UK snow day and I am absolutely loving it!!

>

> x

Couldn't agree anymore. Those who are bemoaning the 'cost to business' are nothing but killjoys. We're not just all economic units you know, days like Monday bring communities together with everyone out having fun. Our lords and masters may not be amused at us having the audacity to take the day off but who cares?! It's one day ffs!

Louisa Wrote:

> Well everyone, glad you all had a great day

> further f*cking up our economy yesterday! (as if

> the banks have not done enough damage already), I

> presume most of you are now back to work are you?

> Or is the melting half an inch still on the ground

> causing you problems? :'( lol

God, you're a real bundle of joy aren't you! lol