Will tomorrow also be a "snow day?"

jocelyn

I work in St James's, but no buses and no trains and the only person who did make it in to the office today had no work to pass on so I think almost no-one made it in. The agency that I work for also seems to be largely absent as my email to them has gone unanswered. My mother tells me that when she was working in the 60s for the Civil Service if you lived within 5 miles of your workplace you were expected to walk in and no excuses were accepted. Whilst being largely in agreement with that, I don't fancy risking breaking my ankles (or anything else).

It would be helpful to know if public transport will be back up and running tomorrow.

What makes me really angry is that LB Southwark made no effort whatsoever to grit the roads/pavements at this end of ED and there is still no sign of any gritters or snowploughs, despite having 5 days' warning.

Got into work in Canary Wharf no bother. 185 bus to Lewisham and then DLR. Waited no longer than usual and as there were no kids due to schools being closed the bus was less busy. Totally painless, though there were a lot of people who obviously don't normally get the bus, including one chap who asked me as we pulled into Lewisham whether it went on to Victoria - he'd got on it in the wrong direction.