-------------------------------------------------------

> The gentrification acceleration button appears to

> have been pressed after a few quiet years. Hate

> places like this that sell overpriced fashion

> trend breads.

>

> Louisa.

You really are the forum 'Victoria Meldrew'

The application does not have a request for partial change of use to B1 for industrial production for wholesale sales.

The application does not state what time the industrial production will start. What time does it now start at Tyrrell Road industrial estate?

The application does not state at what time the wholesale distrubution vehicle(s) will take start morning deliveries.

There does not appear to be any reference to fire precautions to be used for the industrial production.

Can anyone see in the documents the exact location and height of the proposed extract duct. The only information I can see is that it will not be seen from Zenoria.

I cannot see any reference to any changes to the sewage pipe shared with adjacent properties.

'Overpriced fashion trend breads.' The product they make is real bread that tastes of something other than cardboard. Made the way it has been made for thousands of years. Hard to label something so old 'trendy.' I personally wonder why the crap that's sold in supermarkets is even allowed to be called bread.

worldwiser Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> 'Overpriced fashion trend breads.' The product

> they make is real bread that tastes of something

> other than cardboard. Made the way it has been

> made for thousands of years. Hard to label

> something so old 'trendy.' I personally wonder why

> the crap that's sold in supermarkets is even

> allowed to be called bread.

Word!

Lots of bakers around here produce good quality bread and they've been serving the surrounding community for a generation or more. My alligiences lay firmly with them because as pointed out earlier, a bakery produces more than just 'artisan breads' for 4 quid a loaf. I'm not referring to cheap boiled and sliced supermarket crap here either. Of course, if you believe the health and taste benefits of this overhyped 'bread' and more importantly you can afford to waste your money on the stuff then that's entirely upto you. Not everyone can afford to spend the best part of a fiver on a loaf though and I'm not gonna look down on anyone who wants to waste their money how they see fit, equally though it might be worth some of the usual suspects on here not using food snobbery to put down those of us who still support local indepedents who do produce cheaper bread, including those who choose to buy a boiled loaf from any number of local supermarkets.

Louisa.

Boiled loaf ?

I think you might mean 'steamed'

And on waste Louisa, if someone can afford to buy the bread of their choice, why would this be a waste. Or is that bit really saying 'stupid' ?

Ergo, they're stupid, but you're smart

Pretty much the basis of most of your 'class drivel' posts

I also take some offence at the idea that I'm wasting my money on a product I enjoy and which is of extremely high quality. And, by the way, also supporting a fledgling local business while I'm at it.

Having said that, I'd be delighted to try one or two of these local bakeries you refer to if they're as good as you say. Names?

Ayres has been in Nunhead since I don't know when. A great example. They sell lots of products all baked on site to a high standard. Unlike some of the newer bakeries which have setup locally and closed within a year or two they have been a huge success for decades. A good track record for service value and quality.

I find some of Ayre's prices to be extremely high, their crusty rolls for example. I think they are 40 pence (or more) each now. If I want rolls now, will get them at the Greek bakery in Camberwell Church Street, or even Sainsbury's where they do two packs of 4 in the bakery section for 65 pence. The Greek place also has good sesame bread for less than ?1 a loaf.

I also like the granary bread at Kindred's much more than Ayre's.

I went to Asda on the OKR a few weeks ago and found they did loaves of bread from their bakery section for 80 pence each, and they not bad at all.

Fair enough - a bit out of my way, but in the interests of being open to new things, I shall make a point to give them a go and report back.

I would mention that supermarkets have been duping people for decades with the 'baked on site' approach. It's pretty much all pre-frozen dough made with the same ingredients that the pre-packed branded stuff is made from. Do Ayre's or Kindred's actually make their own dough?