Nappy changing in local eatery (Lounged)

Domitianus

yes, that's what I said but it's VIEWS read my bit on VIEWS...they can live where they like but will have to accept what's the reality of social change where they live... live where they wan't but accept it, seeth or change their views

Changing a nappy on a table that others will eat on and in full view of others eating, is selfish and unsupportable and...unecessary, given nappy changing facilities were clearly marked and available.

Breast feeding in public is fine but should, out of respect for others sensibilities, be done with discretion. I can't see any reason why boobs need to be on full display. It's easy enough to carry a light (or heavy, if it's cold) shawl/wrap that allows the boob to be concealed. On this basis I can see no grounds for objection to public breast feeding anywhere. I can also see no reason why the Mum's who want to breast feed in public should not ensure they always have a shawl/wrap to hand.

I agree... in principle.

It's not always that easy in practise. Babies are wriggly, and have a mind of their own. Mine really hated having a muslin cloth draped over his head and used to refuse to feed and cry instead when I used one. We came to a compromise eventually and I like to think I never gave anyone an eyeful during my time of breastfeeding (not that there was much to offer, sadly), but if you see someone showing more than you might like, bear in mind she might be far more embarrassed than you are.

Moos,

I think if mums appear to be trying to be discreet that makes a lot of difference. It's the -wop em out and I dare you to have a problem brigade- that cause temperatures to rise. I think most of us sense when someone is struggling but trying and, on the other hand, the person who just doesn't give a d.

Asset, you are correct, she changed the nappy while seated at a table. Even so, not really necessary when facilities available, surely you would agree?

The story has been blown up to she changed the shite filled nappy on the table surrounded by people eating, when in fact she did it on the seat in a fairly quiet secluded corner of the room.

I'm not sticking up for her, merely pointing out how the story is evolving.

At last it's been lounged!

It is usually the self righteous middle class twits who have plenty to say in public, and my point about certain women thinking they have to make a point is very true in certain cases. Usually nothing better to do mothers who think the whole world evolves around them, refusing to appreciate anyone elses opinions apart from their own.

Lucky i'm not a cafe owner, I would put a huge sign in the window banning all middle class bugaboo loving organic carrot eating women in their 30s from my establishment, make no mistake!

Louisa.