Local Lothario (Lounged)

FelicityNormal

Judging from PMs I have received today, the leading married-shopkeeper-lothario has shagged 3 women on EDF and 2 others that I know in the neighbourhood who do not post on EDF. He has told each of these women that he is single and seeking a longterm relationship. For reasons as yet unknown (but soon to be uncovered, I am sure) he is very unwilling to wear condoms and has been known to remove a condom in the heat of passion.

BBW, red devil?

Not really. I just try and imagine a 'reasonable' case, and I don't think a butcher joke is in the same league as an allegation of sexual impropriety. We all rely on each other to catch ourselves if we're sailing close to the wind. I thank you for the reminder!

On that note, we'd probably better amend your note at the top of this page!

postmodern Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> He is very good in bed.

I'm sure.

But didn't his getting up immediately afterwards and returning home to the wife and kids* he said he didn't have take some of the bloom off the afterglow?

*I should of course have said that he got dressed between getting up and returning home.

I don't know the fellow or his missus, but even Mary Archer wouldn't have put up with Jeffrey arriving home stark bollock.

Moos Wrote:

> But I never got chatted up much even pre-Moosling,

> I'm too scary. Sigh...

Oh Moos, don't be upset, I can't bear it.

Rest assured if you were a customer in a shop I owned, I'd have given you a dose of the clap for sure.

Now don't you be lettin' that Flick and PostModern be gettin' all up in your face thinkin' they're all that.

You go girl.

HonaloochieB Wrote:

> Moos Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> > But I never got chatted up much even

> pre-Moosling,

> > I'm too scary. Sigh...

>

> Oh Moos, don't be upset, I can't bear it.

> Rest assured if you were a customer in a shop I

> owned, I'd have given you a dose of the clap for

> sure.

> Now don't you be lettin' that Flick and PostModern

> be gettin' all up in your face thinkin' they're

> all that.

> You go girl.

PMSL! That gave me a good old belly laugh! Thanks!

This made me laugh - I want to know who the sleazy, scummy clap spreader is - not cos I was thinking of giving him one - but just so I can walk past with a knowing smirk.

By the way if the guy isn't named, or you give him a nickname like clapper slapper or something, then you can't be done for libel unless you stick his pic up or something.

Here is a very interesting bit of rubbish I was reading from somewhere and I think it's pretty accurate:

You can't defame nicknames when people don't know who they are.

So, if you spread the same Dyke TV licence allegations but called him Big Beardo McFluffy, he can't sue, even if he knows you are referring to him - unless other people know him by the same nickname.

On the internet the rules are exactly the same. There are no special internet defences. The only advantage is that web sites tend to have a smaller number of users, (so less people see it hence it's less defamatory so it's rarely worth the bother of going to court) and allegations can be removed promptly on protest from a defamed party.

On the web, the writer, the web site owner and the ISP can all be sued just like the writer, the magazine and the distributor in the print field. A link could also be potentially defamatory if you are linking to defamatory material.

There is also a defence of 'fair comment' which is somewhat vague but is basically there to stop someone being sued for saying they don't like Marks & Spencer or McDonalds or Piers Morgan.

You are allowed to say that - even if you were a famous star or a very persuasive writer and it could damage them financially. That's the law.

However libel does not extend to the dead. Nor is being abusive libelous.

So I can say "Keith Moon was a smackhead lover of the highest order" and it's no problem. In fact I could say "every human who ever existed was a smack dealing, gun running, uncle fucker."

This is completely okay. That's UK libel!