Trendy W.I in East Dulwich?

Rang Green & Blue and said we may now have about 20 people and they said that was fine. I said I'd give them a call before then (on Monday/Tuesday daytime) to confirm a rough number.

I spoke to the mananger and reminded them that it was for a Women's Institute planning meeting and was it okay for a gaggle of 20 women to turn up for this type of thing and they didn't seem to mind. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Just a thought - when they put the booking in for 20 people, I did hear someone say in the background 'what about if they don't all turn up?' - probably the owner and its a very fair point to make if they are taking such a large booking.

Therefore, if some of you can't make it due to something coming up, please could you let us know via the forum so we can adjust the booking. Many thanks and have a good weekend (the weather is supposed to be good - hurrah!)

Hi all

New to the forum and will soon be new to ED as well (moving in May). I'd love to come Tuesday night if you can squeeze one more body in.

As an ED newbie, a fun WI sounds like a great way to make local friends (and, importantly, jam/cakes/etc).

Elizabeth

Hi, Love the idea of a WI here in ED and so would like to join you all at G&B on Tuesday. My name is Tracey. I also have some spare time on my hands so I'd be pleased to help out with the organising. Look forward to meeting you all.

Hello!

Thelma from the Surrey WI just called. She didn't go into too much detail about the admin side of things but is going to send me a bit of info through the post. Hopefully, I will get it by tomorrow's meeting. Should give us something to talk about. She sounded very enthusiastic about us setting this up.

See you tomorrow!

hello I am interested but probably won't be able to make Tuesday. Re Jerusalem, think given the proximity of Peckham Rye, and the mural at Goose Green swings, Jerusalem has to be incorporated somewhere for historical/literary purposes. How cool to have a new WI in the very place that William Blake (author of Jerusalem) had his vision (Peckham Rye, as immortalised in the mural by Goose Green Swings).

All,

I've just found this thread, and these ideas I've been thinking about for sometime, perhaps we should confirm what crafts we can do at a which level.

I'm also prepared to help with organising, and on pleasant evenings my garden can be used as a meeting place.

I'll start off with - Cross Stitcher - Intermediate

I think we may be jumping the gun a bit if we start talking about our different interests/ competancies. If we want to set up a WI, there will be a bit of admin that we need to get sorted before we do anything! Sorry if that sounds too officious, but with 20+ of us meeting tonight, it would be good to come away from it with an action plan. One thing that Thelma mentioned is that we need to nominate a President, Treasurer and Secretary. I suppose we can't decide on that on this forum and it would be good to know what is involvesd with each role, but it's definitely something worth thinking about.

It might be an idea to divide ourselves into smaller groups tonight - each involved with a different aspect? Although the fundamentals should also be discussed in one big group.

Later on...it would definitely be a good idea to know who's good at what. I'm a beginner in all things crafty. But I'd love to learn!

Hi All

I'll wait until late afternoon to see if anyone else wants to come or can't make it due to work/childminders/etc and then I'll ring G&B with a final number. 24 coming so far, with 3 maybe's - wow.

Elfy - great you're so organised as I was beginning to wonder how it would work with so many attending now!

Mogs - lovely to know that some peope already do crafts as I'm also one of those wanting to learn!

Looking forward to it :)

aaargh It's looking doubtful for me tonight now, too much work to get through and no childcare for later.

I am really interested though and will book myself some time out for the next one if it happens.

Will somebody update tomorrow so I can find out what I've missed out on?

thanks

chuff

Hello everyone, I'm still defintiely coming tonight.

Had thought about the fact that nominations are needed - i suppose all in time. Good idea about the smaller groups - i think you're right in the fundamentals need to be discussed in one big group. We could start with a big group discussion tonight with a view to getting together a list of areas that need further discussion -these are then the areas that we could divide into smaller groups for, in the next session/s we have?

Anyway, all to be discussed tonight i suppose!

Ok 7pm isnt it? see you all there.

Hi all,

I have put together a document with all the names of those attending tonight and those who are not coming but that are interested and will bring with me tonight. See you all there - if we can keep the whole thing to an hour that would be great as I know several people have mentioned commitments later.

Katie

Sounds good to me! I need to pop home first to see if this info-sheet has arrived from the WI. (Not holding my breath as our post is pretty dreadful..but that's another thread!) It might give us an idea of what we should be discussing and the next steps. See you later!