Trendy W.I in East Dulwich?

Hi there from Fulham WI- new WIs starting up in London are always great to hear about!

We have a blog that you might want to check out- http://www.fulhamwi.org.uk. On here you also find committee contact details if you want more advice about setting up your WI.

You also might like to come along to our next meeting which will be on Mon 14th May- you'd be more than welcome.

Best wishes and good luck with it all!

Sarah

Membership Secretary, Fulham WI

I have been so busy at work that I haven't had the time to check out the threads on the forum as much as I have been doing (what is the world coming to??!)

So just got around to reading this thread from beginning to end and it left me all goose pimply, the way it picked up momentum and a real sense of community spirit - well done ladies and I hope that it's a rip roaring success.

Mogs Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yes I'm up for coming along at 7pm, I guess the

> G&B is the Green Blue on lordship lane.

Yes Green & Blue, 7pm. Its marked down as being for a Women's Institute planning meeting.

Um... Well, I guess honesty is the best policy... So I'm really sorry for not joining you this evening - my rubbish excuse is that I forgot! All the talk at work was about the footie and it's on terrestrial and it's a really good game and I just remembered now... I hope you had a good turn out and a good evening, I'd love to hear about it. (Are WI members allowed to like football, or only jam amd stuff?)

Hi all, one of you obviously drank too much wine tonight and forgot to take your jacket home with you. Looks like I've been nominated Lost Property Monitor so let me know who you are and I'll give it back to you.

Hi all - Great to meet you all last night - this feels great that we are actually moving forward with this. I am going to try and crack on today and phone up possible locations such as the Magdala, EDT and the idock place. Lucy - you did a great job last night - let me know when you have asked the W.I woman about coming to the next meeting as it would be good to know if we are going with Monday the 21st or if she can't make it. I am free beginning of June so we could always all meet then and that would give us pletny more time to get things such as the location, website, blog and list of names going.

If you have time to post up a few notes that would be fab then everyone who could and couldn't make it can catch up.

One thing we should have done last night and didn't was go round the group and introduce ourselves a bit more - got names but it would be great to have a bit of background on everyone. We should definitely do that at the next meeting.

Katie x

Hi Katie

I've posted another thread with some notes about the meeting. Let us know how you do re venues. Once we have that and the day sorted, I'll get in contact with the WI.

I'm also going to get in contact with the other WIs, to see if they can give us some more info about the 3 roles. It's all a bit vague at the moment!

Cheers

Lucy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...