Impending staff cuts at Dulwich Picture Gallery

Tinky Winky

Perhaps. But I'll save my voice to fight the erosion of employee rights when it's at the hands of rampant capitalism, lousy fiscal policy or for shareholder return. I don't see any evidence if that here. Dulwich gallery is non essential oublic service run on a not for profit basis for the benefit of the people. All I see so far is an operation having to implement a basic restructure in order to pay it's bills.

If it was essential public services, nurses, firemen whatever perhaps I'd feel differently about it...

But it's no world I want to live in that doesn't have places like DPG

Talking about essential public services in this context is just distraction. This small organisation is undertaking a necessary restructure. So who is taking the haircut? Is it just the plebs at the bottom?

Regardless of the nature of the organisation, that appears to be the nub of the problem and is pervasive across all of society

of for sure RPC - I did read it and liked what I read, and have also said on this thread I'm not one to go off signing petitions on some unknown say so

That said, others involved have posted since and I'm trying to asess where the truth actually is - at face value, the DPG statement gives no need for anyone to worry, but that's clearly not working

Also, it's when people started to say "ah hush, even if you have to do overtime and your conditions/wages are being reduced, stop complaining" (I paraphrase) that I posted this morning

TLDR - if DPG telling whole story, sounds like everyone's a winner. But are they?

"For what it's worth, it looks to me like some employees will be better off,"

Isn't that the crux of labour management tho? It's behind the bus strike today - by fracturing the service, you create haves and have nots you can play off against each other

If people are doing the same job, then any reason for disparity in pay should be reasons like length of service or maybe performance*, rather than "we created 5 bus companies and your one doesn't pay as much as the other, sorry"

* although with bus drivers, any underperformers I don't want driving any bus!