Rogue Trader/Cowboy Builder WARNING ? ?Will? Prestige Property Services (PPS)

AlexDw

It's very easy to make up a fake email address - especially one so generic as 'mattsmith4563'. I could do it in seconds. Those ones do look very suspicious!

We're lucky that 'Will' has been so foolish as to set up fake accounts on here using his personal email addresses. Email addresses that clearly don't match the names of the forum members.

intresting read this thread .One thing i have noticed is that the person it is about has not posted .I for one would like to hear the another side of the story but as its a private matter between the two parties it has nothing to do with me and has no place on a public forum for that matter .Its beyond me how the admins allow such actions ,in my opinion this thread should be closed in the intrest of the parties involved .but hey i guess it gives people something to do .

I would like to comment on this post without judgement or opinion but that would be very difficult as I made contact with Alex and carried out the work after his unfortunate experience. As a self employed tradesmen for nearly 15 years I assured him of my commitment and reliability and he contracted me to do the work and help get him out of the hole he was in. Together my company and Alex have worked closely to complete the work he required and despite various obstacles kept him informed at all times in light of he's dubious and nervous nature due to the previous tradesmen. As tradesmen we are not guaranteed to please everyone but when you commit to a job and receive any form of payment you should follow it through and complete the job whatever the circumstances or make alternative provisions. I hope Alex redeems he's losses, and hope that I have shown him not all tradesmen are the same. It has been a pleasure working with him and kept to he's word in every respect,making my job easier and wanting me to deliver a high quality finished product even more so. In response to the last comment above this forum is here for the benefit of all of us. . .

Gary Skinner

1st time poster klaxon sounding!

suzieb Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> intresting read this thread .One thing i have

> noticed is that the person it is about has not

> posted .I for one would like to hear the another

> side of the story but as its a private matter

> between the two parties it has nothing to do with

> me and has no place on a public forum for that

> matter .Its beyond me how the admins allow such

> actions ,in my opinion this thread should be

> closed in the intrest of the parties involved .but

> hey i guess it gives people something to do .

• Administrator

suzieb, they know about the forum and they have the right to reply on here. It is a matter between various parties (the forum, the various recipients of their 'service', the police etc) not just two parties. If they want to defraud in public then do you agree the public should know? Or do you think they be allowed to carry on?

I know they have lied to get business using this forum, therefore the least I can do is use the forum to warn people.

yes first time post .i had to join to be able to post .as i said there are 2 sides to every story so it is impossible to judge until both sides of a story are available.I understand where the admin is coming from but i think it could of been handled in a better fashion ,after all is that not what the private message button is for . oh salsa boy look second post .

I have had a PM from will2015 apparently putting his side of the story.

I have no idea at all why he has sent this to me rather than posting it on here, but I assume he must have sent it to others too.

Admin, do you want me to copy it to you?

I think the reality is not as clear-cut as them being ?con-men? ? at least in my case.

I think they probably intended to do the job ? otherwise why would they bother turning up on day one at all? (When they turned up four hours late. Day two they didn?t bother turning up at all...)

The problem was that they gained my business through fraudulent recommendations ? fake Dulwich Forum accounts which I think is beyond all reasonable doubt were run by ?Will?, seeing as they were hooked up to his email accounts.

This is a serious criminal offence.

Then it turns out they lack the ability to do the job (I wonder if they had ever done a bathroom properly before ? I strongly suspect not). And walk out on it after I contact the fake Dulwich forum (these ?very good customers? of ?Will?s) accounts saying I am very worried about the job.

But by this point I?d already handed over ?1409 (*ouch*). And the work that has been done has been valued at ?maybe a couple of hundred quid at most?.

So I want my money back ? and Will agrees, in writing, to give me some of my money back.

But it never arrives. Deadlines are missed. Excuses are made and ridiculous lies made up and then retracted.

No money ever coming back to me is why I start this thread. If I get my money back, I leave it at that (not at that point realising the recommendations came from fraudulent accounts).

I?ve now received ?100 back ? a fraction of the money I?ve lost ? but this is only because of the heat that has been generated by this thread.

(In the interests of full disclosure, there had been some difficulties on the job, of deliveries not arriving when they were supposed to. ?Will? thought this was a terrible disaster and prevented him from proceeding ? and I, not being a bathroom fitter, took him at his word at. I offered him any compensation the delivery company were prepared to offer.

But this doesn?t change the fact my business was secured through fraud. And it?s also something of a red herring ? the honest tradesmen who picked up the pieces, ripped everything out to properly fix the plumbing, and didn?t install any of the suite until they had been at the job for well over a week).

It?s unfortunate, but one crime, has led to another. And now the cat is out of the bag.

If anyone else has reported this to the police, please PM me, and I?ll give you my crime reference number so this can all be tied together.

Sue Wrote:

> I have had a PM from will2015 apparently putting his side of the story.

I got it too, but pretty much ignored it. There are often two sides to a story, and there may well be mitigating circumstances - but the fake recommendations would appear to be irrefutable.

Azalea Wrote:

> I was sent a pm by JenniferSE22 when I posted

> about looking for a painter, and also received one

> From Sublime Property who doesn't seem to have any

> recommendations on the forum.

Hi there, I have used Sublime Property - my previous recommendation is on this thread:http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?30,1390480,1390744#msg-1390744 . A charming guy named Pawel who did an excellent job re-fitting my bathroom so I don't think that Sublime are in any way connected to the Will/Scott/Prestige people. Nor am I entirely sure why you should jump to a conclusion that they were in any way dodgy just because they PM'd you in relation to a post where you were looking for a painter (they are, after all, amongst other things, painters).

AlexDw Wrote:

> I think the reality is not as clear-cut as them

> being ?con-men? ? at least in my case.

>

> I think they probably intended to do the job ?

> otherwise why would they bother turning up on day

> one at all? (When they turned up four hours late.

> Day two they didn?t bother turning up at all...)

I believe this is called the 'convincer'*. As a result, you paid them more money that you had already, right? Worth a day's work to see what else they could get out of you. Hindsight's a wonderful thing however so don't beat yourself up about it as much as possible.

*Disclaimer. All con artist knowledge gained from compulsive viewing of Hustle and the excellent film Matchstick Men.

Azalea Wrote:

> I was sent a pm by JenniferSE22 when I posted

> about looking for a painter, and also received one

> From Sublime Property who doesn't seem to have any

> recommendations on the forum.

I would like to clarify as I feel rather shocked that someone could, for no reason at all, accuse us of being rouge.

WE ARE NOT IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH WILL OR PPS OR OTHER ROUGE TRADERS!

We are honest, genuine business and in fact have recommendations on this forum, the only reason we do not reply to the posts but use private messages are the forum rules which clearly state this is not allowed and we do not wish to get banned.

Kindest regards,

Pawel

Toldyouso Wrote:

> Azalea Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I was sent a pm by JenniferSE22 when I posted

> > about looking for a painter, and also received

> one

> > From Sublime Property who doesn't seem to have

> any

> > recommendations on the forum.

>

>

> Hi there, I have used Sublime Property - my

> previous recommendation is on this

> thread:http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/rea

> d.php?30,1390480,1390744#msg-1390744 . A charming

> guy named Pawel who did an excellent job

> re-fitting my bathroom so I don't think that

> Sublime are in any way connected to the

> Will/Scott/Prestige people. Nor am I entirely sure

> why you should jump to a conclusion that they were

> in any way dodgy just because they PM'd you in

> relation to a post where you were looking for a

> painter (they are, after all, amongst other

> things, painters).

Toldyouso thank you very much for defending our name, sorry I did not mention it in my last post but was so disturbed with the fact that someone can wreck my reputation so carelessly that I actually missed your post.

Regards

Pawel