Busybody section

ernesto

Looking through the threads, dontcha feel its about time to have a busybody section ?

A place where curtain twitchers, backward looking reargarders, reactionaries and people who think rickets was a cool period piece, can bleat in comfort.

Starting topics could be

Why did they get rid of the Foresters? it was the best place in the world

The South East regional Crime squad- they may have been corrupt and violent bullies, but at least you could leave your doors open .sometimes

I miss being sneered at and overcharged in the East Dulwich Deli

To explain maxxi, though I shouldn't have to. It's called the busybody section so any busybody would want to know if they had missed anything. I suspect you take me too seriously or seriously have a dislike for my persona since I supported BFS on a thread. I recall you being quite upset to put it mildly with one of my posts. So please spit it out or send me a message. I'm actually harmless but I don't like being abused on the forum.

Bloody hell! What the Feck!?

Okay - your apparent paranoia aside I'll explain my infantile approach -

(And I must say en passant that I have had 'words' about BFS with RD and others and had forgotten we'd had a row tbh - ask AC - in 'her' new incarnation - about the row we had about smoking nearly 3 years back - it's all water under the bridge dear boy - and anyway surely you know that any and all conversations or rows re football can be unreasonable, passionate, harshly-expressed and volatile - I am not aware that any kind of grudge has ever resulted here though. Christ I've had much harsher run-ins with PD anf JL but have still managed to exchange views and even agree (sometimes) with one or both of them).

When I first joined back in 2011 I 'jousted' with you and Frankito (remember him) and thought you were always up for a bit of badinage and/or gentle piss-taking. I called you 'doc' for similar reasons even though I knew your forum moniker was an anagram that referred to your nom-de-realit? rather than an indication of your profession (Jesus this is fickin exhausting) - it was a little bit of 'fun'.

So - to this thread.

I read Snork- HUnca- Ernesto's OP and thought about all the posts on here about people missing stuff from the past (eg Foresters). When you posted I was unsure whether you meant 'did you miss something that would have prompted such a thread' or a kind of "I've just got here - so did I miss anything (this last because there were some deleted/edited posts by Ernesto and maybe they'd been controversial - I don't know as I 'missed' them).

Either way i decided to make a VERY weak joke - correcting you along the lines of "No - the question the OP asked was DO you miss anything (about ED in the past) ."

You asked 'Like what?' and I thought you had missed my weak, weak joke's intent and so posted 'i think you're missing something' another pathetic play on the word 'miss' with a weak double meaning as in 'I think you miss a, b or c" or "I think you're missing the point of the thread"

Loz's post brought us full circle so I explained myself - or so I thought.

So there it is.

I'm sorry if you've been harbouring these feelings about me for all this time. I'm only here for a laugh and although I may get annoyed/passionate even angry sometimes nothing has ever been done with any malice.

I'm tempted to say I won't ever take the piss out of you ever again - but I'm afraid I have piss-taker's-tourettes so can't promise anything.

ETA - no - 'do you miss anything' wasn't the op's point I know but just the general gist of things as was developed by the next posts about Foresters- this may be where the confusion lies

second edit to add - I latched on to the 'backward looking regarders' thing and now blame Steveo for the whole episode.

Maxxi wrote -

- ask AC - in 'her' new incarnation.

Sorry to be a busybody (though I do believe I'm in the right thread for being so) but who was AC and what is her new incarnation?

PS: I do hope you and Alan get over your lover's tiff.

PPS: I don't remember us ever having a run-in Maxxi.