>

> But then as A C

>

> I knew you wouldn't understand.

>

> I know U R A C ..

>

> UC

I understood perfectly, you were calling me a C u N t. Very big and grown up of you, your mother must be proud.

Well said mate

Now if you can just PM me your address I'll be around tomorrow morning to practice my latest musical tribute to London outside your bedroom window. It's called "WorldCityLife" and features me on bagpipes, 25 steel drummers, a Tuvan throat singer and a pair of duelling didgeridoos. You're gonna love it!

rabbitears

No point in dealing with these morons.

More pointless than calling Heathrow to complain when the Asian flights come over 1 1/2 hours early.

They and Heathrow just don't give a s?it.

It's a selfish world where your problems are an excuse for others (morons) to say they don't have any problems.

girlelectric Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I swear to god I live in the most rickety old

> house with single glazed windows where you can

> hear everything going on outside and I have never

> ever been woken up by aircraft noise. Is it really

> that terrible in ED? I mean for zone 2 London,

> it?s a pretty peaceful and green area.

Depends where you are in ED and which side your bedroom is on.

Also depends on what noise waves affect you.

Ultimately if you don't hear anything this isn't the thread for you.

Oh how condescending fazer71 telling another poster that "Ultimately if you don't hear anything this isn't the thread for you."

I understand that the idea of a discussion is for all sides to put their view or comment forward and not to be dismissed so casually because it doesn't represent your point.

You seem to have resorted to insults, swear words (now deleted I understand) and belittling other people who don't take your view

I guess asking you to play nicely with others is pointless ! However it may get others to listen to you with a little more respect then you seem to be attracting now 😏 but that's just my opinion and curious to see how you respond to me.

girlelectric Wrote:

> I swear to god I live in the most rickety old

> house with single glazed windows where you can

> hear everything going on outside and I have never

> ever been woken up by aircraft noise. Is it really

> that terrible in ED? I mean for zone 2 London,

> it?s a pretty peaceful and green area.

I can still hear the planes with double glazed windows with acoustic glass.

Until I had the new windows yes, the planes woke me up.

And yes it's terrible in ED.

When I moved here in 1991 it was indeed a pretty peaceful area. Now it isn't. It's still quite green though, thank goodness :)

TheArtfulDogger Wrote:

> Oh how condescending fazer71 telling another

> poster that "Ultimately if you don't hear anything

> this isn't the thread for you."

I find it condescending that someone who has zero issue with aircraft noise in an area which is bombarded from 4 am until 12 midnight with almost constant aircraft noise finds the time post they have no problem !

Put it this way.

If this was a thread about suffering from Migraines or Athletes Foot.

Who in their right mind would put up a post stating ?I don?t suffer from Migraines?

or ?I have never suffered from Athletes Foot??

Do you see?

> I understand that the idea of a discussion is for

> all sides to put their view or comment forward and

> not to be dismissed so casually because it doesn't

> represent your point.

It is not a point it is a fact!

Stating you are deaf to aircraft noise when it is blatantly a problem for many people is condescending and idiotic.

> You seem to have resorted to insults, swear words

> (now deleted I understand) and belittling other

> people who don't take your view

It is not a view it is a Fact!

When it is impossible to get through to the stupid, yes in frustration resorting to insults helps me counter their madness. It helps keep me sane.

Lots of research has shown responding to such frustration with a well measured four letter word or two does helps make one feel better. After all I?m only human.

> I guess asking you to play nicely with others is

> pointless ! However it may get others to listen to

> you with a little more respect then you seem to be

> attracting now 😏 but that's just my

> opinion and curious to see how you respond to me.

This isn?t a playground those of us who suffer from aircraft noise are not playing here, are you just playing?

We are here to discuss our problem a problem which wakes us at 4am often we wake before the aircraft in anticipation of the coming noise, most of us suffer from a chronic lack of sleep and a form of constant tinnitus which affects us almost constantly from 4am until midnight on most days.

(YES we could move away but we don?t want to, why should we when we moved here there was no aircraft noise! The flights into Heathrow were further north over the thames!!) Also we could exchange this problem for another elsewhere.!

The solution is discussion to try to find a way to deal with our problem, that is what forums like this are about.

Having to deal with those who deny our problem or state they don?t have a problem is disruptive and very frustrating. It diverts the focus of the thread. To be clear this is a thread about Aircraft noise in ED not about those who don't have a problem with aircraft noise.

I had a thought maybe aircraft noise deniers and holocaust deniers have brains wired in the same way or maybe aircraft noise deniers are simply deaf?

Thankfully I don?t suffer from Migraines or Athletes Foot.

Insulting those afflicted always deserves a robust response otherwise idiocy and nonsense takes over!

Have you fallen into the trap of diverting the thread and supporting freedom to be an idiot?

My response.

If you don?t suffer from the aircraft noise have never suffered from aircraft noise engage brain before finger in a thread about aircraft noise.

AM I WRONG ?

FWIW I apologise to those who do suffer from migraines, athletes foot, parking problems, planning problems noisy neighbours and other issues I do not suffer.

Fat chance I will get an apology from those who don't suffer from aircraft noise!

Sue Wrote:

> I can still hear the planes with double glazed

> windows with acoustic glass.

I hope you weren't sold them on the promise that the noise would disappear!

That would be but a pipedream...

Perhaps my idea of noise pollution is a bit skewed since I grew up pretty close to Heathrow and have suffered from aircraft noise (inc concorde). I was merely stating that for zone 2 London, the noise around these parts is pretty minimal. Thanks for calling people who don?t share the same opinion as you morons!

*Bob* Wrote:

> Sue Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I can still hear the planes with double glazed

> > windows with acoustic glass.

>

> I hope you weren't sold them on the promise that

> the noise would disappear!

>

> That would be but a pipedream...

No, but another window company did say that they used acoustic glass in Heathrow's meeting rooms.

I didn't get them because of plane noise specifically, the fact that it's now very much less is a bonus :)

girlelectric Wrote:

> Perhaps my idea of noise pollution is a bit skewed

> since I grew up pretty close to Heathrow and have

> suffered from aircraft noise (inc concorde). I was

> merely stating that for zone 2 London, the noise

> around these parts is pretty minimal. Thanks for

> calling people who don?t share the same opinion as

> you morons!

We are not sharing an opinion.

We are discussing a FACTS.

The fact is aircraft fly over ED constantly.

Yes compared to living next to Heathrow ED is less noisy.

That's a fact too.

There was a time when the only aircraft nose we heard was concord ,,, now we have the equivalent to concord every few minutes.. I believe that is also a fact.

ruffers Wrote:

> Perception is reality so fazer, I get this is real

> for you. Just get that it's not a thing for others

> rather than just denying it possibly could be.

I never said it was a thing for others!!!

It's others who are saying it's not a thing for them so can't be a thing for ME!!!!!

DO YOU UNDERSTAND !!!!

Peckhampam Wrote:

> No way. When Concord went over you couldn't carry

> on a conversation. No comparison.

There are some flights over today which mean you can't carry on a conversation I was chatting to a neighbour and we couldn't hear ourselves over the noise.

The aircraft are flying lower and directly over ED I'd say the dB levels maybe not quite as high as concord but they still cause similar problem only they are now constant where concord was once a day in the late afternoon.

I had a fencing company in a couple of weeks ago, flights overhead were constant and the guys doing the fencing commented on the noise (I didn't prompt them!) ...

Aircraft noise is much more prevalent as the number of overflights going to Heathrow has dramatically grown and London City Airport.

London City Airport are fighting to increase their flights by 50%. Boris thankfully is trying to stop this.

A 3rd runway at Heathrow would also see a dramatic increase in flights.

Some may not notice the noise - good luck to them. Many of us do. If you're in the latter category then please do join HACAN the campaign against aircraft noise.

fazer71 Wrote:

> The aircraft are flying lower and directly over ED

> I'd say the dB levels maybe not quite as high as

> concord

'not quite as high'.. let's see:

Aircraft flying today are probably, what, 70db average, I'd guess?

Concorde - well over 100db.

Due to the logarithmic nature of decibels, this would make Concorde 8 times louder than an aircraft going overhead now)

!!!

(The difference of course is that Concorde goes over once whereas the other planes go over all the time in a sustained fashion)

fazer71 Wrote:

> I had a thought maybe aircraft noise deniers and

> holocaust deniers have brains wired in the same

> way or maybe aircraft noise deniers are simply

> deaf?

>

Seriously? We are comparing people who do not have a problem with aircraft noise where they live to those that deny the genocide of between 5 and 6 million people? What a thoroughly odious comment from a thoroughly odious individual. Shame on you.

What fascinates me about this thread is that when the flight path moves to a different area or prior to the change a few years ago when the flight paths were adjusted to be over East Dulwich people here are happy about it. A bit of nimbyism seems to be coming through and if people are serious about wanting reduction in aircraft noise or flights then they should be campaigning for the whole of London /South East and not focusing purely on their location. I know that it is something that effects people where they live but they need to work with others from across the region to campaign against it.

Whilst this is a thread about the noise, there is also a valid points made by those who can't hear it and maybe someone with a bit IT skills can ask people to plot where they live on a map and if they can hear the planes or not, that way it will demonstrate where the noise seems to be the worst or if it is isolated cases in certain areas where certain people are more sensitive to the noise than others.

fazer71 Wrote:

> Last few days have been lovely quiet thanks to

> easterly winds.

>

> Reminds me of a few years back when ED wasn't

> impacted by aircraft noise and morons.