bin raiders in Henslowe road.

jane1

What needs to be remembered is that the area is now well to do and is a magnet for chancers, not just from the UK but from the rest of the world. I remember when the P4 bus was re-routed down Court Lane and the residents there noted an increase in crime ( I was told this by a Court Lane resident)-so they campaigned and had it re-routed through Dulwich Village (where I suspect there is CCTV coverage unlike other areas). You just have to shred sensitive documents and be vigilant on the street and pro-active as regards home security. If they are in your front garden they are trespassing and you can call the cops- you never know, they may be part of an international ring of forgers!

If you haven't got a shredder, and plan to buy one, it is a good choice to buy a 'cross-cut' shredder, which cuts the paper into pieces about an inch long and 3/10s inch wide rather than one (an older style) which just cuts into long strips, which are easier to reassemble. You can now buy relatively economic shredders which cut 8 or so pages together.

Which is not to say this is what the scavengers written about are actually after.

Penguin68 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If you haven't got a shredder, and plan to buy

> one, it is a good choice to buy a 'cross-cut'

> shredder, which cuts the paper into pieces about

> an inch long and 3/10s inch wide rather than one

> (an older style) which just cuts into long strips,

> which are easier to reassemble. You can now buy

> relatively economic shredders which cut 8 or so

> pages together.

>

> Which is not to say this is what the scavengers

> written about are actually after.

They might not be after it - but if I was a ne'er do well looking for bank details

I'd offer them a few pounds to pass anything on.

Which means my mum was right about shedding everything :(

Sex crime

ABH

Armed Robbery at a jewellers

Mugging

I would expect in the UK's largest city, but BIN RAIDING?????

The theft of my left-over Tikka Masala really is a serious matter. In fact, it could be the last straw. How can we be expected to carry on like this?!

The message is folks, don't put anything in your bins that could lead to identity theft. It happens and as long as you don't throw away/recycle anything with your name/bank details etc. then these people won't find anything useful.

Do yourselves a favour and either shred docs or buy yourself a big black indelible marker and scribble out any personal details before you bin.

A relation just caught some hooded individuals raiding bins on Henslowe Road what seemed to be likely identity theft related rather than scavenging left overs. She got pictures of them and contacted 999 straight away. A police car was subsequently seen chasing after them so the police is taking these incidents pretty seriously an so should you...

https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/identity-theft

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/Pmw0JZLRc3T2NGT8nv78JJ/identity-fraud

Cool. The police car was seen chasing after them? Sounds like a scene from The Professionals or something equally exciting. I'm glad the police is taking these incidents pretty seriously....

How fast would you estimate their shopping trolley was going as they tried to make their escape?

Penguin68 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> On the basis that this isn't just a wind-up - this

> is a highly populated, inner city borough;

Heh @ "inner city borough". This is the 'burbs, mate.