most expensive wee ever !!

sjw

Aka Clapham *Bob*.

sjw for goodness sakes chill out! You started the thread and I just gave you some honest and free advice/feedback to guide you in the right direction in future (if your daughter unfortunately drops the phone in a toilet again). It seems a shame that in 2015 we are treating people like kids who in my day were fully fledged responsible adults often married with kids and a mortgage to worry about. Seems bizarre.

Louisa.

*Bob* Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My friends' kid dropped eggy weggy bread all over

> their laptop and then did a wee-wee into the Sky

> box.

>

> He's 43. I think he should move out tbh.

Stop it Bob. I'm in a bad mood, at work with a hangover and you still made me laugh.

sjw Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> RIP --- this has got way out of hand . Thank

> you for the advice on child care ,each to his own

> , live and let live and all the other wise adages.

>

>

> obviously there are a lot of perfect people out

> there.Unfortunately I am not one of them and still

> see fit to help out my offspring. I didn't realise

> you abandon children once they reach a certain

> age.

Don't take it personally sjw - All threads de generate in the Lounge - its what its for - and so that the serious people can post somewhere else.

The device has Crocodile clips to clip on old style customer street connectors for testing their line.

The red button is to loop the line. The same as lifting the telephone hand set before dialling out.

Leaving the button open was for line monitoring purposes. To check if there was a call in progress (CIP)

before disconnecting line for any maintenance needed.

The Plugs on the first picture are for testing the line and other Switch equipment at the exchange.

Obsolete on todays equipment

There is absolutely no other practical use for this device.. :) It's very large.

Foxy

I'm with sjw here. What has age got to do with anything?

I will always try and help out my offspring no matter how old they are.

My mum is a pensioner but she tries to help me out because she knows that money doesn't run in our family and we are all struggling at some point.

If you are financially able to help any family member, age is totally irrelevant.

I'm a 37 year old bloke with a mortgage and two kids of my own, yet my mum always says there is a room for me if I ever needed it, and she's always trying to help us financially (she wants to buy us a new cooker because the one we inherited with our flat is a bit of a death trap).

You never stop being a parent, it's nothing to do with keeping your kids tied to the apron strings.

And of course young (and not so young) people share accommodation with others. If RPD has friends with spoilt kids who couldn't imagine that, then that says more about RED'S choice of friends than parents in general.

Well I personally think it's absurd helping out older kids. You bring them into the world and do the parental duty of taking care of them for at least 25 years usually in one way or another, there surely has to come a time that the offspring grows the hell up and stops leeching off mum/dad or both! I wouldn't have dreamt asking my parents for things when I was younger and I certainly wouldn't have accepted any offers of financial help. It's a selfish expectation of any offspring to take it for granted there parents will bank role them at any opportunity and it's even more selfish of the parent to encourage such behaviour.

Louisa.

I'm 55 years old and if my beloved mum was still alive no doubt shed help me out if a mishap involved me needing to make a sudden expensive outlay.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

If I had an adult offspring I would be more than happy to give them cash.