Sculptures on Denmark Hill Village Green (Lounged)

Alan Dale

I think they're great too - I hope Health & Safety don't get ideas from Nutty's comments! I thought the post-modernist, renaissance approach was an awfully astute and profound socioeconomic, political, petit-bourgouise statement that juxtaposes the modern evils of technology with the antiquated.... Oh hang, on. Sorry, they're just kinda pretty! ;-)

I did think it little more than coincidence though that they had the evil, cunning and dangerous stalking wolf on the Camberwell side and the precious, delicate and defencless lambs on the East Dulwich side!

I did think it little more than coincidence though that they had the evil, cunning and dangerous stalking wolf on the Camberwell side and the precious, delicate and defencless lambs on the East Dulwich side!

Why does everything have to be turned into postcode nonsense? Sheesh.

I was braced not to like the sculptures as I don't think the pictures linked to the thread did them justice but I saw them this week for the first time, and I love them. The metal is used in so many creative ways - viz. the overlapping scales that make up the faces vs the looping tubes that represent the curly coats of the sheep, and the whole composition is wonderfully tense.

Why does everything have to be turned into postcode nonsense? Sheesh.

I couldn't care less about postcodes. Nor can I answer such an age-old question. Well, by age-old, I mean since SE22 emerged from divesville about 5 years ago. Coincidentally, probably shortly after I arrived! ;-)

Sheesh, why does everyone have to get so sensitive?!