Painic on the streets of East Dulwich (housing market)

I've seen it all before

Remember telling my mate he was a complete *** for buying in 1992 odd

When things are good people believe they will never get bad

When things are bad people believe they will never get good

till they're to old to be able to do anything about it :)

remember what they called the John Major recession ... triple dip.

My, my, my. It's funny how things turn out, isn't it?

A couple of years ago I was virtually crucified on this forum for having the audacity to object to screaming kids in East Dulwich public places and was almost devoid of support from any other posters. Now it seems that it is quite the done thing to rant and express outrage about the prevalence of rug-rats and their insipid, ineffectual parents swarming around our cafes and wine bars.

AND NOW ANOTHER IDEA WHOSE TIME HAS COME!! A year or two back I was also roasted here for having the nerve to point out that a number of informed observers viewed the housing market as being a bubble ready to burst and that rushing to buy at that time might lead to new home-owners being caught in a negative equity trap and unable to sell. I was accused of being alarmist, jealous etc etc. Fast forward a few months and the bubble did indeed burst and now we have a thread in which it seems okay now for people to point out the same things and lament the fate of the one-trick ponies who thought they were such clever entrepreneurs and business-people because - surprise, surprise - they could make money in a bull market!

Since it seems that the world is approximately eighteen months/two years behind me, I will drop one hint and one only.....cheese! Watch this dairy space! I shall return in 2010 for an update.

I am a cheese tycoon!

I might be tempted to share a few tit-bits if you can get me a few tit-bits! Who IS that woman with the huge boobs? If she has been smashed by the housing collapse she might well be looking for a shoulder to cry on or a way to earn some pin money :-)

She was pregnant / just given birth for much of the series that was filmed - nice to see middle aged men lusting after a lactating mother- nice ......Popbitch is ahead of this board by about 5 years

Mick Mac Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Domitianus - Do something useful with your fortune

> telling - Who's going to win this years Cheltenham

> Gold Cup?

I shall present my forecast in the form of a Nostodamus verse:

The cup of gold,

It shall be won

By a fine, fleet steed,

With a jockey upon.

I like the brutalist architecture of the Police Station and as an ex teacher I can tell you most schools are pretty much the same. No matter how much you paid for your house in Herts/Cambs/Bucks some cynical old swine like me will be teaching your little princes/princesses. My old head worked in Bucks, where the locals retained the discredited 'intelligence' test 11 plus, he said the schools and teachers were far worse than us inner city types in east Ham.