Cheltenham....

????

Mick Mac Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> RIVERSIDE THEATRE

> SOLWHIT

>

> These are the only 2 I have done so far.

>

>

>

> McGrath in the Telegraph:

> 2.05 Riverside Theatre

> 2.40 The Package

> 4.00 Monkerhostin (nap0

> 4.40 Quevega

Did that one and doubled my bet - plus got 2/1 with William Hill. Still a loss overall for the day but good to get the winner of the last :))

I got 8/1 on Binocular rather than the sp at 9 but unusually for a hedger like me I did it to win so I'm happy. Lost half a bet on my other one (EW but half paid for by my lay). So a very good day with some ammo for the rest of the week.

1.30 - General Miller EW - Unplaced (Next race: Blackpool beach wearing a 'Kiss Me Quick' hat);

2.05 - Somersby Win - 2nd @ 4/1;

2.40 - Exmoor Ranger EW - Unplaced (Next race: Blackpool beach wearing a 'Kiss Me Quick' hat);

3.20 - Punjabi EW - Unplaced (Next race: Blackpool beach wearing a 'Kiss Me Quick' hat);

4.00 - Silver Birch EW - Unplaced (Next race: Blackpool beach wearing a 'Kiss Me Quick' hat);

4.40 - Quevega Win - 1st (Holiday on Blackpool beach with winnings).

Taking, by chance, the back entrance out of our newly refurbed office building today I was thrilled to find something underneath our building. A little, very tucked away Coral bookies in the basement. I then found it has a goods lift in its foyer to my office floor which if you are a tenant you can operate. Brilliant!

Appreciate its all about the web for best odds these days but I like filling out a paper slip somewhere seedy and can now get from my desk to this secret gambling underworld in about 1 minute 30 seconds. Clientele is a heady mix of on site builders, tipsy insurance brokers and the odd posh looking barrister who's nipped out to see how the horse he's got a share in is doing.

Anyways - I'm also ?40 down having also backed Flat Out in the 13.05 (which ran well at 5th I thought) for a decent price. Tomorrow could be distracting.....

..oh dear, punters delusion.....

RD I've heard a few going for QE and also a lot of noise for Paddydp but I've lost there before. In all honesty I think I'm gonna place two of my betting units for the week on Masterminded at 1.89 and maybe a punt elsewhere.

red devil Wrote:

> Day Two Tips...

>

> 1.30 - Synchronised EW [Presenting Forever]

> 2.05 - Quel Esprit Win [Nothing yet]

> 2.40 - Punchestown Win [YES!]

> 3.20 - Forpadydeplasterer EW [Masterminded Surely....]

> 4.00 - Quantitativeeasing EW [YES - backed a week ago]

> 4.40 - Open Day EW [Nothing Yet]

> 5.15 - Dare Me EW [McCoy says Shot from the Hip - might do that one]

>

>

>

> Good Luck Everybody!

???? Wrote:

> >

>

> ..oh dear, punters delusion.....

>

> RD I've heard a few going for QE and also a lot of

> noise for Paddydp but I've lost there before. In

> all honesty I think I'm gonna place two of my

> betting units for the week on Masterminded at 1.89

> and maybe a punt elsewhere.

Hi Quids and MM, thanks for the welcome back, these tips are more 'fun' bets to keep an interest in the meet, e.g. Lucky 15/Patent etc, for 'serious' bets I prefer to hit one or two horses with win only bets, yesterday I was chasing my 'fun' money and ended up lumping Quevega to get out of jail...

Depending on the odds I will probably lump Masterminded, so Forpadyp is really a 'fun' bet to cover outlay should MM fail, of course if both fail then I'm back in jail!..