Cheltenham....

????

I don't think the odds have changed. It seems to be eveyone's banker. Anyway I'll be at work tomorrow so probably won't bet on that race as won't be able to see it, but good luck. Any tips for Friday's races much appreciated (apart from Gold Cup, I already know who's going to win that one).

Ok Quids, the equines' derriere has spoken...

Supreme - Cousin Vinny (favourite but still good value, have backed it all season so would be rude not to);

Arkle - Tatenen (ditto but also expect Forpadydeplasterer to put in a good performance, so worth an each way bet);

Will Hill Trophy - Give this one a miss;

Champion Hurdle - Binocular should win, but will also have some each way on Jered and/or Crack Away Jack;

Give the last two races the bum steer too, but if you're chasing your money Carole's Legacy in the David Nick Hurdle is worth a punt;

Good luck everybody!...:)-D

a quick novice question, I'm looking to place a ?10 bet on Osana (11/1 on William Hill), it's asking me if I want to take the sp. What does that mean and more importantly, should I take that or take "the price"?

[edited once]

Hi Mark, the SP is the starting price, the odds at the time the race starts.

You can ask for the price at the time the bet is placed if you think the odds are likely to shorten, therefore increase your returns if the horse wins, the downside is if the odds get longer e.g. 10/1 out to 12/1, your return wouldn't be as great if you had left it at the SP, confused? you soon will be! hope this helps though...:)

Might be too busy tomorrow morning so here are my tips for Wed...

Ballymore Novices - Mad Max (unbeaten, likes a battle, so might find the course to his liking);

Rsa Chase - What a Friend (letting my heart rule my head on this one, horse is owned by Fergie, hopefully a good

omen for the evening match!);

Queen Mum (Gawd bless 'er) Champion Chase - Well Chief (an each way bet, or a straight forecast with red hot favourite Master Minded);

Coral Cup - Franchoek (really open race, gone with a horse with some previous on this course);

Last 2 races - no idea...

Details of Weds Special Bet to follow...Red Devil - The Punters Friend (tu)

Ok Red Devil -the punters friend - we should listen to you. I'm about to start tomorrows research now (now that Mrs M has finished on the family laptop) and I'll check out the above first. Were you a net winner today? Hope you were.

But Cheltenham is the toughest betting week of the year with so many good horses, but you have just got to join in.

My (now wealthy) friend pointed out that Mc Grath on the front of the Telegraph sport section napped Punjabi today, hence so many people being on it. I bought the Telegraph, but as I had my bets on already I did not get round to reading it (oh dear).

Got out of jail with Forpadydeplasterer, decided to go for a win instead of each way after Cousin Vinny flopped...

Special bet paid out a ?52+ return for a ?15 stake, so that was a good return, not too confident at all about tomorrow though, like you say so many good horses but that's what makes Cheltenham special...