South London comedy on Deserter

The Dulwich Raider

Bob Mortimer was on the radio the other day talking about those early days with Vic. It was only a matter of months between their first meeting and them having a TV show. Something he said would never happen now.

Only just had a chance to read the piece, and very good it is too. Nice to see a name check for Ron and Emma. Here's a bit of triva, Ron had a substantial part in the Buddy Holly musical when it first opened in Victoria back in the day.

I could be dreaming it but I'm sure EDC had a spell in Camberwell towards the Oval either before or after they were at the mag. Rod's brother had the mag which is probably how that came about. That was when it had the awesome (in it's crappiness) bookshelf wallpaper.

Jah Lush Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> They did. I'd often see Bob Mortimer in there who

> also used 'The Spanish' afterwards. Jenny ?clair

> was another regular, as well as Robbie Coltrane

> and Pete Richens and Peter Richardson of The Comic

> Strip fame.

Remember all of them at the Grove from my early days in Peckham. Chrissy Boy from Madness was a regular too and another actor who's name I struggle to remember but a very familar face.

Used to all go on then to Cafe Mexicana for late drinks! Early 90s!

Lived next to the Mag when ED Comedey was there (209b Lordship Lane don't ya know). Used to love Comedy Pub Quiz on a Thursday with Ray Peacock!

Ahh yesterday - leave me alone.......