youandiaredominoes Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You're on a packed train and standing up.... The

> train pulls into the next station, the train stops

> and a person sitting down gets up and makes a big

> fuss about getting off. Should have got ready to

> get off earlier. I almost want to remain in their

> way so they can't get off!

As e-dealer says, it's partly a safety issue. Also, if the train's that packed you can't get to the doors until people start to get off, so you'd cause more difficulty getting up early than you would if you wait for the train to stop, especially as at least 50% of the fools on any given train have no spatial awareness and don't know how to get out of the way.

"As e-dealer says, it's partly a safety issue. Also, if the train's that packed you can't get to the doors until people start to get off, so you'd cause more difficulty getting up early than you would if you wait for the train to stop, especially as at least 50% of the fools on any given train have no spatial awareness and don't know how to get out of the way."

If I'm sat by window and have to get someone to move, I wait until people have started moving off the train otherwise it just causes more hassle for everyone when it's crowded.

The nob of a bus driver this morning (185 I think) who:

- St Thomas More hall: refused a guy a ride on the bus because he had no change to pay his fare exactly (what IS the rules on this ? I thought it's up to the driver to have the change and he cannot refuse a ride on this basis only)

- ED Station: refused to let a lady get on bus after closing doors, even though people had moved down the bus and he was sat there a fair while with plenty space for her to get on

- Top of Dog Kennel Hill: did not stop at this bus stop because there were a couple of cyclists approaching the bus stop in front of him and he could not be bothered to slow-down and pick-up the passengers waiting there (who were all amazed he didn't even try and stop - there was room on bus)

- Decided to stop at next bus stop, down the hill, in full view of the people he'd bizarrely left stood at the last bus stop.

What is the bus service for exactly ?!

• 4 weeks later...

Shops leaving their front doors open in winter. Grrr.

With my entirely rational rage I have tried a number of things:

1. Seeing if I can sneakily get away with shutting the front door (never successful). It is ALWAYS a head-office sackable offense to have a closed door.

2. Ask why I should bother to switch off my [bloody] stand-by lights at night to save energy (+ the environment which they say they all are actively working to save) when they have a POLICY to keep the doors open when its 2C outside.

3. Inquire (this one has to be done very politely) whether their head office thinks we're too thick to open a door to walk into a shop? Back in 1842 when I was young and there were power cuts (and flick hairdos) - we all kept doors closed.

4. I've written to e.g. Pret to ask for the report showing increased foottraffic into the shop (and presumed resultant sales) is worth more than the energy they are wasting (ok a bit geeky) - they were really interested that I was interested, and are doing alot to save energy as they are really keen to cut carbon.

5. One clothing shop informed me their engineers had just installed a 'heat curtain' - a fan that blasts heat down round the door and this apparently stops the heat inside the shop escaping....I need some technical help with that one, (the lassie working there needed her own heat curtain as she was frozen).

Frankly, I think the rage bit alone makes more sense.