I confronted a thuggish dog fouler (Lounged)

poppylucky

who_cares Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ahh the incredible quoting man is back....

>

> Why are you asking about her attendance at EDF

> drinks tonight Xena? Are you insinuating that

> there might be a gang of people (dare I say

> clique) there who might have a go at her or worse,

> or maybe even ignore her for not thinking like

> them? What would you do to her if she turned up?

> I'm keen to know.

So you bullies know who you are dont you ?

I know Mike and I know what happened last Friday , you are certainly a braver man than I !! All I have done is disagree with people on here who think they have a special right to air their opinions and god help anyone who disagrees with them. That pack mentality in a pub on a Friday night is not my idea of fun........

That's a shame dulwichdoll, lots of new posters came to the drinks on Friday and several of them posted that they had a lot of fun. There's a quite a variety of people that turn up, that's one of the things that makes it interesting.

DD - If you are going to post previous comments then please make sure that you post them all so that no one is quoted out of context !!!

---------------Following on from Who_cares post above -----------------------

The full link to the quote

who_cares Wrote:

> Why are you asking about her attendance at EDF

> drinks tonight Xena? Are you insinuating that

> there might be a gang of people (dare I say

> clique) there who might have a go at her or worse,

> or maybe even ignore her for not thinking like

> them? What would you do to her if she turned up?

> I'm keen to know.

Not at all Who_Cares

I often find that people can resolve their 'differences' better in person rather then via textual means, and it would be interesting to see a discussion betwen the various parties involved in this conversation. However if that fails then I am sure we could always ask DulwuchDull to pop around the back to have a quiet word with my Mastiff who likes nothing better then chewing the fat with people (or is it chewing on their fat... she is a bit of a rascal I have to say) !!!

DulwichDoll, you have got a nerve to accuse people of bullying. Just take a look at the excessive number of negative posts you've written about a certain establishment on Bellenden Road. Then look at the way you treated a guy who had different ideas about what establishments he'd like to see on that road (I didn't agree with him either, but that's not the point).

You get very personal with your posts, use confrontational language, and pursue disagreements relentlessly - even spilling over onto unrelated threads. You should take a serious look about how you treat other people, if you want to gain the respect of others.

But Moos I was PM by other posters who said they would NEVER go because they felt intimidated by a couple of regular forumrites with whom they had disagreed. And I was also had a PM from someone who went who said they was called a c*** amongst other things and wished the ground could swallowed them up they felt so uncomfortable. Thanks but that is not what I call an interesting evening by anyones standards.

Moos Wrote:

> My guess is that if someone

> turns up in a friendly spirit they'd be treated in

> a friendly way.

Sorry read that as if someone turns up with spirits they'd be treated in a friendly way - any in particular, vodka, gin.....?

dulwichdoll Wrote:

> And I was also had a PM from someone

> who went who said they was called a c*** amongst

> other things and wished the ground could swallowed

> them up they felt so uncomfortable.

Seriously? By the people who regularly attend the forum drinks? I find that hard to believe.

Jeremy Wrote:

> DulwichDoll, you have got a nerve to accuse people

> of bullying. Just take a look at the excessive

> number of negative posts you've written about a

> certain establishment on Bellenden Road. Then look

> at the way you treated a guy who had different

> ideas about what establishments he'd like to see

> on that road (I didn't agree with him either, but

> that's not the point).

>

> You get very personal with your posts, use

> confrontational language, and pursue disagreements

> relentlessly - even spilling over onto unrelated

> threads. You should take a serious look about how

> you treat other people, if you want to gain the

> respect of others.

My first post was when I asked if a shop was open on not on Bellenden Road that I and others had found closed. I was insulted and mocked because of that by several regular forumites.

I disagreed with a guy who said that an African restaurant should be on an African Street like..... Peckham High St !! and Xena I only quoted one of your posts because I thought the dog out the back quip was not very nice either but thought I only needed to post ONE of your comments to make my point. Jeremy I dont want respect I just defend my right to post without being intimidated . And Spartacus and Sean what gave you the right to make those comments when I had never had any forum contact with you before ? Not to mention being accused of being Poppy, who cares, and anyone else who had the guts to agreed with me about the behaviour of some on this forum.

One thing I have noticed is that some people may interpret the site differently, Ive seen people post a specific subject and have it rubbished imediatley. I'm not saying that is the case all the time of course but people break into communities and groups in different ways. I dont think the OP really deserved to be anhialated quite in the way they were even if it was a fabricated load of old hog wash, wheres the humility in that, and I think DD may have been on the receiving end of some harsh statements, look at it from an outsiders point of view with no prior knowledge of the OP habits. You could perceive the replys DD got as hostile.

I know for a fact I talk crap take the piss out of certain posts or attack me nemasis football fans, and slagged of Richersounds and made a few jokes about tin hat week and the credit crunch. but does it warrent having a drunken bafoon call you a cock at the top of his voice in a room full of strangers. I am a F*cker when it comes to joking about but when the first thing someone says to you in a huge group of people is OH your that bloke who likes to argue all the time, thats a bit of a paradoxical injunction if ever I saw one.

Brendan Wrote:

> dulwichdoll Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > And I was also had a PM from someone

> > who went who said they was called a c***

> amongst

> > other things and wished the ground could

> swallowed

> > them up they felt so uncomfortable.

>

> Seriously? By the people who regularly attend the

> forum drinks? I find that hard to believe.

This Brendan is part of the PM sent to me. And people say that I should come and would enjoy myself........no thanks !

Seems a pity to go with one person's point of view rather than the many that were posted immediately after the event - but at the end of the day, it's got to be up to each person what they feel happy with doing.

Mikecg, sorry you were made to feel uncomfortable - I thought I saw you chatting happily with the lovely Hibbs among other ladies ;-) (we met briefly, not sure if you remember me) - so hoping you didn't have a wholly dreadful time.

I have argued with and will probably continue to argue with many people on here and it has never transferred into nastiness when we?ve met in person.

Didn?t realise Mikecg was there last week. Sorry I didn?t get to meet you mike.

Mick Mac Wrote:

> I personally don't like PMs - If you have

> something to say to the forum you should state it

> on the thread or on an issue like this start a new

> thread and we can all discuss it openly.

Is that your rule or the forum rules ? Many forumites prefer to PM and for various reason. One being that some people are scared to post support of a poster for fear of being outcast or ridiculed on here And I have received 27 PM messages telling me different versions of just that.