>

> We are currently stood at ED Station on platform 1

> - oh the wonders of modern technology! When

> standing on the platform it is very difficult to

> see the train information board unless you are

> stood directly beneath it. Is there any chance

> that an additional information board could be

> installed or the existing one moved to enable it

> to be viewed along the whole platform and ramp?

>

> Many thanks in advance

I second this request - it'd be great to have the board a bit more visible from the shelter and the "London Bridge end" of the platform.

Saw the handrails had been put in on the slopes the other week - nice work. And it's good generally to see someone on here taking notice of people's comments - good initiative.

One thing that's always bugged me - the display screens next to the ticket office are handy to see when the next trains are without going up onto the platorm - if you're planning on using the Tulse Hill-bound platform. If you're in a hurry and you're going toward London Bridge you have to detour to see them, or just take your chances and leg it up to the platform. Any chance there could be another display screen by the ticket machines at the foot of the London Bridge-bound slope?

Dear all, Unfortunately there will be no services operating at your stations between the 6th and 9th April. The full list of Southern services is below although this does not help you with your journeys to London Bridge and Victoria. The following is text from a poster that will be displayed at your stations. I will happy to answer any questions regarding the strike where possible and in addition can I also ask you to refer to the Southern website for further information. I am hoping that the strike will be averted, all we can do at this stage is hope that there is an agreement reached between Network Rail and the Unions.

Lastly, there is a Meet the Manager session at London Bridge on Thursday morning, I will be there from 0730 along with the senior managers from Southern Railway

Kind regards

Barry

The National Union of Rail, Maritime and Transport Workers (RMT) has announced that RMT signallers

and maintenance workers will take strike action on 6, 7, 8 and 9 April 2010.

If strike action takes place, Southern will operate revised services between:

BRIGHTON and LONDON VICTORIA - 2 trains per hour - calling at:

Brighton, Haywards Heath, Three Bridges, Gatwick Airport, Redhill, East Croydon, Clapham Junction, London Victoria.

THREE BRIDGES and LONDON VICTORIA - 3 trains per hour - calling at:

Three Bridges, Gatwick Airport, Redhill, Purley, East Croydon, Clapham Junction, London Victoria

HORSHAM and THREE BRIDGES - 2 trains per hour - calling at:

Horsham, Littlehaven, Faygate, Ifield, Crawley, Three Bridges.

CATERHAM and LONDON BRIDGE - 2 trains per hour - calling at:

Caterham, Whyteleafe South, Whyteleafe, Kenley, Purley, Purley Oaks, South Croydon, East Croydon, Norwood Junction,

Sydenham, Forest Hill then fast to London Bridge.

EAST GRINSTEAD and LONDON VICTORIA - 2 trains per hour - calling at:

East Grinstead, Dormans, Lingfield, Hurst Green, Oxted, Woldingham, Upper Warlingham, Riddlesdown, Sanderstead,

South Croydon, East Croydon, Selhurst, Streatham Common, Balham, Clapham Junction, London Victoria.

EPSOM DOWNS and LONDON VICTORIA - 2 trains per hour - calling at:

Epsom Downs, Banstead, Belmont, Sutton, Carshalton Beeches, Wallington, Waddon, West Croydon, Selhurst,

Streatham Common, Balham, Clapham Junction, London Victoria.

SUTTON and LONDON BRIDGE - 2 trains per hour - calling at:

Sutton, Carshalton Beeches, Wallington, Waddon, West Croydon, Norwood Junction, Sydenham, Forest Hill,

then fast to London Bridge.

UCKFIELD and OXTED - 1 train per hour - calling at:

Uckfield, Buxted, Crowborough, Eridge, Ashurst, Cowden, Hever, Edenbridge Town, Hurst Green, Oxted (for London).

BRIGHTON and HOVE - 2 trains per hour - calling at:

Brighton, Hove. Shuttle service. (Change at Brighton for London)

Important Information:

Please note: If your station or route is not mentioned above, no service will operate.

No trains will operate in the evenings after 19:00. A special bus service will operate non-stop between

Gatwick Airport and London Victoria after this time until 22:30 from when a limited train service will operate.

A much reduced service will be in operation and trains will be exceptionally busy.

Tuesday 6 April 2010 to Friday 9 April 2010

An overnight train service will operate between Gatwick Airport and London Victoria calling at East Croydon.

Trains will operate between 22:30 and 05:30.

Thanks for this info Barry, I'm going to have to attempt to get into work by bus next week if the strikes do go ahead, but can imagine they're going to be very busy and a nightmare to get on. Do you know if there are any intentions to put rail replacement buses on or if the bus companies are going to make provisions for extra services? (I'm pre-empting a no!)

Many thanks

Once again The East Dulwich Commuters are ignored - Remember the snow at Christmas? - No trains for 2-3 days AND NO COMPENSATION.

I have heard that extra buses accross the country is logistically impossible. I just hope that

the 4 days of limited running means the TrainCos save enough money to reduce the cuts they are making and everyone is happy.

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the information about the strikes. At least we can try and plan around them.

By the way, the display screen on the London Bridge bound platform seems to have a fault at the moment making it unreadable. If it needs replacing, it would be great if it was set further forward towards the platform. Like many others, I can't see it from certain parts of the platform.

Provisionally, Southeaastern will be operating services from Nunhead, Peckham Rye, Denmark Hill, West Dulwich and Herne Hill

Victoria service

Swanley ? Victoria ? two trains per hour - calling at all stations via Catford Loop.

Beckenham Junction ? Victoria ? two trains per hour - calling at all stations via Herne Hill.

The revised timetable will be in operation between 07:00 and 19:00 with no service running outside of these times.

Hi, This has been faulted with Network Rail

Barry

Izodia Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi Barry,

>

> Thanks for the information about the strikes. At

> least we can try and plan around them.

>

> By the way, the display screen on the London

> Bridge bound platform seems to have a fault at the

> moment making it unreadable. If it needs

> replacing, it would be great if it was set further

> forward towards the platform. Like many others, I

> can't see it from certain parts of the platform.

Hi, I am truly sorry, this is a difficult one for us as we have no control. I appreciate your frustrations and really cant say anything else to ease this one I am afraid

Barry

the-e-dealer Wrote:

> Once again The East Dulwich Commuters are ignored

> - Remember the snow at Christmas? - No trains for

> 2-3 days AND NO COMPENSATION.

> I have heard that extra buses accross the country

> is logistically impossible. I just hope that

> the 4 days of limited running means the TrainCos

> save enough money to reduce the cuts they are

> making and everyone is happy.

Hi, my aim is to give a final update on Thursday, I will be able to answer all questions raised on the forum then, ie buses etc

Barry

chesterpuss81 Wrote:

> Thanks for this info Barry, I'm going to have to

> attempt to get into work by bus next week if the

> strikes do go ahead, but can imagine they're going

> to be very busy and a nightmare to get on. Do you

> know if there are any intentions to put rail

> replacement buses on or if the bus companies are

> going to make provisions for extra services? (I'm

> pre-empting a no!)

>

> Many thanks

Damn no trains from ED! Considering the number of ppl that board these trains back and forth between ED and LB it does seem the powers that be have no idea how important the station is for local folk.

Somehow the snow did not effect me getting into LB whatsoever this winter (re: e-dealer comment). Although one morning it was coming down so thick I thought I'd better rush and catch 7.30 a.m before it did become crippled... and not sure whether anyone has mentioned this previously but there were about 4 railway staff on both ED platforms shovelling away the snow at a good pace so at least a big effort was made for ED on that occasion.

My train is the most important, wherever I live.

I get on at Forest Hill sometimes and East Dulwich occasionally and FH seems busier to me so I can see the sense. Mind you, I used to get Tulse Hill and when I lived there that was the most important.... iyswim.

Hello Barry,

Are you responsible North Dulwich station

as well?

I bought tickets via the trainline.com and was obliged to choose a station to collect them from (machine only). I elected N Dulwich but when I went to collect them on Tuesday 30th March, the ticket was out of service. I called the Southern helpline to report this and to seek advice, but was told that it wasn't their problem and that I should contact thetrainline.com for a refund.

Fortunately I've got a bit of time before I do actually travel but I will need my tickets at some point in the near future.

Will the machine be fixed any time soon?

What would have happened if I was due to travel there and then and was unable to collect my paid for ticket?

Thanks.

(Edited for clarity and explanation of first edit)

by 'powers that be' do you mean the union choosing to go on strike or Network Rail trying to run the best service it can in the circumstances?

matthew123 Wrote:

> Damn no trains from ED! Considering the number of

> ppl that board these trains back and forth between

> ED and LB it does seem the powers that be have no

> idea how important the station is for local folk.

>

> Somehow the snow did not effect me getting into LB

> whatsoever this winter (re: e-dealer comment).

> Although one morning it was coming down so thick I

> thought I'd better rush and catch 7.30 a.m before

> it did become crippled... and not sure whether

> anyone has mentioned this previously but there

> were about 4 railway staff on both ED platforms

> shovelling away the snow at a good pace so at

> least a big effort was made for ED on that

> occasion.

legalalien Wrote:

> Horsebox - I think the N Dulwich machine is now

> fixed - saw them installing the new one on the

> 30th....

Ooh, thanks legalalien. I must had turned up after they bad installed but before it was online.

Will check back tonight.

Hi, apologies for this, the machine at North Dulwich is now back in order

Regards

Barry

Gorsebox Wrote:

> Hello Barry,

>

> Are you responsible North Dulwich station

> as well?

>

> I bought tickets via the trainline.com and was

> obliged to choose a station to collect them from

> (machine only). I elected N Dulwich but when I

> went to collect them on Tuesday 30th March, the

> ticket was out of service. I called the Southern

> helpline to report this and to seek advice, but

> was told that it wasn't their problem and that I

> should contact thetrainline.com for a refund.

>

> Fortunately I've got a bit of time before I do

> actually travel but I will need my tickets at some

> point in the near future.

>

> Will the machine be fixed any time soon?

>

> What would have happened if I was due to travel

> there and then and was unable to collect my paid

> for ticket?

>

> Thanks.

>

> (Edited for clarity and explanation of first edit)

Hi Barry,

A couple of months ago there was a meet the managers thing in London Bridge. I took 20 minutes to tell them how effective and impressive your presence was on here. They all seemed to be aware of it, and what you're doing generally - top job!

Cheers,

Joel