Station Manager Corner

Can i ask what is happening to the ticket machine at Peckham Rye Station ? Each time i have been to the station recently it is either not accepting cards for payment or not able to top up prepay as it cannot read the card, (and this cannot be done at the ticket office, for some reason)

I was directed by the gatekeeper to a shop 100 yards up the road to top up my card. I would like to be able to top up at the station now you offer prepay fares.

Hi

So sorry about this, there is an issue with our router on the station. This will be rectified tomorrow morning. Due to Easter its the quickest I can get an engineer out to rectify the problem

Apologies for inconvenience

Barry

markyb3 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Can i ask what is happening to the ticket machine

> at Peckham Rye Station ? Each time i have been to

> the station recently it is either not accepting

> cards for payment or not able to top up prepay as

> it cannot read the card, (and this cannot be done

> at the ticket office, for some reason)

>

> I was directed by the gatekeeper to a shop 100

> yards up the road to top up my card. I would like

> to be able to top up at the station now you offer

> prepay fares.

You may not be aware but the electronic board on the London bound platform has been broken since Saturday and so there is no information about train times. Please can you advise when this will be fixed.

Hello

Mostly I am satisfied with the services from N, E Dulwich and Peckham Rye. The trains are usually on time, they are not overcrowded (when I take them), the stations are clean enough, I feel safe and the journeys are of an acceptable duration and price. The only thing that bothers me is the trains' dirtiness, which is mainly caused by passengers leaving litter. I never hear announcements asking passengers to take their litter with them (the ones that I do hear talk about 'belongings' whioh really applies to personal effects) or to not put their feet on seats (something that you said would be brought in, but which I have yet to hear). So, how do you make me - and I suspect a fair few others who are like me, ie generally content with the service - even more pleased?

Hi

First of all apologies again for the Customer Informtion Screen, there seems to be a bigger issue than we thought, there will be a slight delay to this being rectified

Secondly, after reading the comments about visibilty of the screen, I have someone from my facilities department attending East Dulwich tomorrow in order to relocate the signs

Again, apologies for delay getting the screen fixed

Barry Jones

Izodia Wrote:

> Hi Barry,

>

> Thanks for the information about the strikes. At

> least we can try and plan around them.

>

> By the way, the display screen on the London

> Bridge bound platform seems to have a fault at the

> moment making it unreadable. If it needs

> replacing, it would be great if it was set further

> forward towards the platform. Like many others, I

> can't see it from certain parts of the platform.

a better ticket machine at s.bermondsey wouldnt go a miss. When the ticket office is open the mac hine is fine, when ticket office closed... it has a little sign saying "please use ticket office" and when the one train gets me to work late at night and shops are closed, its not really helpful especially if i have no money on my oyster.

From Sunday 25th April, the ticket office will be open from First to Last service

Barry

bookhopper Wrote:

> a better ticket machine at s.bermondsey wouldnt go

> a miss. When the ticket office is open the mac

> hine is fine, when ticket office closed... it has

> a little sign saying "please use ticket office"

> and when the one train gets me to work late at

> night and shops are closed, its not really helpful

> especially if i have no money on my oyster.

Hi Barry

when are they going to make stations more accessible to those of us with pushchairs? i live near sydenham hill station, next closes it west dulwich and i cant use either with my little one with me due to the stairs!. ive been told herne hill has a lift but that its often out of order, what other stations locally can be accessed with a buggy?

thanks

Lou

louloulabelle Wrote:

> Hi Barry

>

> when are they going to make stations more

> accessible to those of us with pushchairs? i live

> near sydenham hill station, next closes it west

> dulwich and i cant use either with my little one

> with me due to the stairs!. ive been told herne

> hill has a lift but that its often out of order,

> what other stations locally can be accessed with a

> buggy?

>

> thanks

> Lou

The station staff should assist you I would have thought - or just look like you are struggling and someone will help. I must have carried 20 or so Prams up the PR stairs in the last 12 months or so.

Hi Lou

Really sorry about this, unfortunately the stations you mention are not within my remit nor Southern Railway stations

All the stations you mention are run by Southeastern Trains

Regards

Barry

louloulabelle Wrote:

> Hi Barry

>

> when are they going to make stations more

> accessible to those of us with pushchairs? i live

> near sydenham hill station, next closes it west

> dulwich and i cant use either with my little one

> with me due to the stairs!. ive been told herne

> hill has a lift but that its often out of order,

> what other stations locally can be accessed with a

> buggy?

>

> thanks

> Lou

Hi Barry, lovin' your work.

The other day I tried to buy a return ticket from East Dulwich to Gatwick Airport, via London Bridge and coming back a few days later. The office was shut so I had to use the machine and found it's impossible to buy a ticket to Gatwich Airport that's via London and not a day return. We had to use our pre-pay Oysters to London Bridge, swipe out then buy a return from LB to Gatwick, which was inconvenient and annoying as we missed the next train.

Could you let me know if there's a technique for getting such a ticket from the ED ticket machine.

Thanks

Mark

Mark

In theory

Touch buy on the TVM screen. Choose other stations and key in Gatwick. You will then get the options more options on the next screen. Choose the number of passengers. Apply rail card discount if applicable. Then choose the amount. Choose method of payment.

Hope I am right without going through the actual screen. But in principal it should work.

Barry

Thanks Barry, I think it maybe the "more options" bit I didn't notice.

And thanks Bic Basher, I'll remember that for next time but I was in a bit of a rush the other day and I couldn't face buses and traffic.

• 2 weeks later...

hi barry,

i just posted on the thread about screeching trains. is there anything that can be done about this?

it seems to be getting worse (yes i know it's due to the drier weather) but you mentioned on the other thread that you would look into it. are more works planned? it would be great to know also so i won't wake up thinking that aliens have landed on the track in the middle of the night...no joke you should see some of these special trains and the noise that's made at 4 in the morning.

thanks,

a

Hi

I am dealing with this, my flat also backs onto a railway line and have had to endure the same issues for three years, my bedroom is 15ft away from track!! So as you can see I am suffering too

Also, for others reading this, Its my Forum Birthday (just over a year since I started the thread) I have some great updates and changes to share with you at some point today or tomorrow

Regards

Barry

plimsoul Wrote:

> hi barry,

>

> i just posted on the thread about screeching

> trains. is there anything that can be done about

> this?

>

> it seems to be getting worse (yes i know it's due

> to the drier weather) but you mentioned on the

> other thread that you would look into it. are more

> works planned? it would be great to know also so i

> won't wake up thinking that aliens have landed on

> the track in the middle of the night...no joke you

> should see some of these special trains and the

> noise that's made at 4 in the morning.

>

> thanks,

> a