Station Manager Corner

indeed happy birthday station manager corner!

i am interested to read that i'm not mad, the train screeching is worse compared to a few years back. i think it got really bad after some major line work in 2007. or around then. as another post commented: oddly some trains are super quiet, so just now this minute one going to LB hardly a noise, one coming into ED screeching on every carriage. but it's not even relative to direction or type/age of train. but you will know this yourself if you live by the tracks.

thanks for looking into this.

Hi there

I was just wondering whether anyone else finds the Garden Centre's razor wire a little bit intimidating when you get off the train at ED? I know you probably don't have much say over what they choose to protect their property with, but could it perhaps be covered up on the station side so that you don't immediately think ED is a scum hole when you step off the train?!

Thanks

K

khickman Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi there

>

> I was just wondering whether anyone else finds the

> Garden Centre's razor wire a little bit

> intimidating when you get off the train at ED? I

> know you probably don't have much say over what

> they choose to protect their property with, but

> could it perhaps be covered up on the station side

> so that you don't immediately think ED is a scum

> hole when you step off the train?!

>

> Thanks

>

> K

I believe the garden centre is due for demolition and new flats and library put on the site. Not sure when this is happening I guess it was delayed due to recession

plimsoul Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> they get really bad as you approach the invanhoe road/coppleston stretch.

That's where I live, I don't really notice it though. Maybe because the lounge and bedroom are at the front of the house.

Or maybe because they're drowned out by the in-car subwoofers which seem to be all the rage round here.

I live at the top end of Choumert Road, near Coppleston Road, and the train screeching is very noticeable. I must be a good 300 metres from the track and it's fairly loud sometimes. I think it's when the trains are coming round the bend towards the rear of Chadwick Road and towards the back of Coppleston / Ivanhoe.

To all those who think the noise has got too loud from the screeching trains call Network Rail (08457 114141) and log a complaint. It won't hurt if we at least make a noise about it!!!!!

The noise has got louder, it is a fact - maybe if you have lived here for years and can just turn off you don't notice it.

The only way the people in charge know there is a problem is if we all tell them. I know SM BJones is telling his bosses but if we all call Network Rail as well I am sure we will get a better and sooner result. If not then we go to our local councilor.

Hi

SUCCESS........ After speaking with a colleague he has put me in touch with someone at Network Rail, I have given the contact at NWR the location and this will now be dealt with. Hopefully in the next 7 days the issue will be eradicated.

That was a tough one!

Kind regards

Barry

Hi, I was a little concerned by these comments so I decided to go to my office and check the shift sheets which I can access for any ticket office. I can clearly see the staff were on duty and what time they logged off. Whether they were carrying out other duties or having a break at that time I am not sure

We have a comitted obligation to staff these stations and I am confident my staff were on duty last night

Barry Jones

URGENT

EAST DULWICH

Sorry to say that that the Ticket Vending Machine was broken into over the weekend. We are doing all we can to rectify this. The second machine is not due to be comissioned until Wednesday. I am arranging for extra support for tomorrow morning via our Revenue Teams

Tomorrow is the start of a new month so envisage that the ticket office will be extremely busy

Barry

Good morning, just to lnform you that I am taking some leave and will be returning 17th May. I will answer all posts on my return

I have asked a colleague to keep an eye on the screeching issue whilst I am away

Regards

Barry Jones

Area Station Manager

Metro East

Hello Barry...Do you know if Denmark Hill Station and Farringdon have working lifts? Need to take the pushchair and don't fancy all the steps..(Farringdon is having major refurbishment at the moment so need to get up to date information).

Thank you