-------------------------------------------------------

> last week I bought loads of blueberries, thinking

> that they were half price @ 1.49

> Came to realise later after I had paid that the

> price label under the the stack of bluberries was

> for a different product.

> So please tell him to put price labels in

> appropriate place where the product is stacked

I find this a lot and is really annoying ,you really have to check everything on the shelves corresponds with the labels esp on the fruit and veg section. I find the store has really gone down hill in the last couple of years seems quite messy and the fruit section seems to be all over the place .I also agree about the stacking of shelves at busy times .

My beef with Sainsbury's is the suspicious looks you get from the security staff when you've done nothing wrong, and yet i've seen people leaving the place with the security alarms going off and the security guys just sit there and dont even chase after people to double check. Shocking place. I have never been a fan of overpriced understaffed and trolley charging Sainsbo's and I find Tesco in Elmers End, Morrisons in Peckham and Asda on the Old Kent Road the best places to do the weekly shop and get a decent service.

Louisa.

Yep, I'm one of the many people that has experienced the offers/discounted products not being actioned at the till, highly irritating - worrying/supicious since it seems to be such a regular occurance.

Hi,

I work in DKH sainsburys (please no one kill me) on the tills sometimes.

im just replying to say about the till cleaning

we have to do it ourselves so sometimes its hard especially when where busy but we do clean the belts as often as we can, i sometimes keep a mosit j-cloth at my till to clean off sticky bits if it happens. but its beyond our control really, we do it when we can and as for food thats been 'chucked' near the belts...etc and sometimes drops onto your shopping thats also not 100% our fault, we have a small area for people to give it to us and they dont. ive had someone literally abandon a basket full of food on the end of my till (im not saying go put it all back, but just hand it to me, im not going to force you to buy it)

the other stuff is obvisuly unacceptable.

hi,

i work in DKH sainsburys, i have the SAME problem with the security guards! WHILST IM WORKING! its shocking!

i thought they had been asked to watch me for fear i had some sort of "thief look"!!

Ive said to one of my duty managers about the guards giving me looks when ive never done anything wrong, never had an alarm go off at all whilst ive been there and as far as i know, ive never had someone accuse me of stealing money from the tills or anything off the shelves.

the alarms go off all the time and they just sit and stare!

Or how we can all come along and be part of one giant EDF focus group to tell your bosses how to make it work before we all go off to Tesco or Asda. And we want paying ?100 (going rate) for two hours and lots of nice things to eat and drink at this focus group, too!

Thank you everyone for you comments and suggestions. I would like to thank Alexlaw44 for your comments as a staff member. It's very interesting to see that you have similar concerns to the customers.

I'm popping in on Saturday to sit down with the manager to go through these comments so if there are any more on top of what has been put forward I'll be sure to add them to the list.

Thanks again.

I was also invited to a focus group there about 2 years ago, and the manager then told me they had them every month or so, but quite frankly I felt that (a) if they NEED to be told at a focus group to clean their store and make the tills match up to what the shelves say, when there was a queue of people at Customer desk telling them these things, then they're not worth my time, and (b) my time is precious and they aren't paying me so I ain't telling them!

Agree re the constant stacking of shelves. Also have mentioned to several members of staff on different occasions that the freezer with vegetarian food is badly looked after. Because the door doesn't close properly there is a constant layer of frost on the products and many items look like they've semi-thawed and then been re-frozen. Each time I mention it I get acknowledged and then the next time I visit nothing has improved.

I'm in full agreement with the restocking 'specials' area with different stuff and/or not going through the tills correctly complaints. Especially in the wine section - it's not uncommon to see, say, Oyster Bay Sav Blanc on special, but a load of Oyster Bay Chardonnay in it's place. I notice that the 'it scans correctly or it's free' guarantee died a death PDQ. It must have cost them a fortune.

But a big thumbs up to the many new self service tills. They make things so much quicker as the luddites stand in line leaving me a clear run. The 8pm till close down every night used to catch me out every time.

As an interesting aside, I overheard two employees talking once - apparently, Sainburys DKH is the most profitable store in the entire business. We should be getting the best service...

When I added my complaint about me being regularly overcharged in the DKH Sainsburys - not to mention the empty shelves (especially those which have'offers') I certainly did not expect so many posts in agreement!!!!

I think this really does need to be addressed with the store manager, and something be done about it. I was behind an American sounding woman at the weekend. She held me up in the queue as she had been overcharged by about ?4 on her bill, and was livid at the till operator. I was annoyed as I wanted a quick getaway, but I sympathised with her and told her so.

Would also like to agree with being overcharged on items that are clearly on offer at the shelves but then aren't recognised by the scannin at the tills. It's happened about 4 times in the last 3 months. Very annoying!! I've started to shop with Tesco and Asda as at least their offers always seem to work...

gerritsmith Wrote:

> Please teach their staff basic hygiene.

>

> I have seen:

>

> a member of staff sneeze in his hands and continue

> stacking apples.

> a check out staff sneeze in her hands and continue

> scanning foodstuff.

> a check out staff put a finger in her ear and

> violently shaking it and continue scanning

> foodstuff.

> a check out staff wipe her nose with the palm of

> her hand and continue scanning foodstuff.

> a check out staff with heavy cold was holding on

> to her used tissue while scanning foodstuff.

> often checkout staff scratch their heads

>

> Please ask the manager to make sure that the staff

> do not touch their nose, ears, head with their

> hands when handling food.

>

> Also will it be possible to keep the conveyor

> belts near the tills clean.

I can top that....

I was buying some stamps at the cigarette / chocolate counter a couple of months back; the guy serving me took out a tube of antiseptic ointment, removed a dressing on his arm and then proceeded to rub the cream into what appeared to be a freshly-needled tattoo. Dumbstruck. Phoned the store when I got home to complain - but was told by some bored-sounding person at the other end 'that the complaint would be passed on'. Kind of guessed from the way the person answered the phone that the complaint wasn't noted....

parsnip-io Wrote:

> gerritsmith Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Please teach their staff basic hygiene.

> >

> > I have seen:

> >

> > a member of staff sneeze in his hands and

> continue

> > stacking apples.

> > a check out staff sneeze in her hands and

> continue

> > scanning foodstuff.

> > a check out staff put a finger in her ear and

> > violently shaking it and continue scanning

> > foodstuff.

> > a check out staff wipe her nose with the palm

> of

> > her hand and continue scanning foodstuff.

> > a check out staff with heavy cold was holding

> on

> > to her used tissue while scanning foodstuff.

> > often checkout staff scratch their heads

> >

> > Please ask the manager to make sure that the

> staff

> > do not touch their nose, ears, head with their

> > hands when handling food.

> >

> > Also will it be possible to keep the conveyor

> > belts near the tills clean.

>

>

> I can top that....

>

> I was buying some stamps at the cigarette /

> chocolate counter a couple of months back; the guy

> serving me took out a tube of antiseptic ointment,

> removed a dressing on his arm and then proceeded

> to rub the cream into what appeared to be a

> freshly-needled tattoo. Dumbstruck. Phoned the

> store when I got home to complain - but was told

> by some bored-sounding person at the other end

> 'that the complaint would be passed on'. Kind of

> guessed from the way the person answered the phone

> that the complaint wasn't noted....

?

Did he visibly rub the ointment into your cigarettes?

Did he stroke a loose B+H over a weeping sore?

Lance a boil with a sharpened Woodbine?

No?

OH.

I really doubt they were able to help you down at complaints HQ then.