Another ?2m house....

Mick Mac

I drove past this yesterday, noticed the sign and wondered how much it might be on for in this depressed, recession ravaged housing market.

I guessed it would be ?1.25m - I was only out by the odd Million, on checking Harvey and Wheeler site it was ?2.25m.

Harvey and Wheeler seem to add a bit of a premium to your house price - lets see if it is hope value or real value.

Its a fantastic house though and what a location...shame you could win the lottery and still not be able to afford it. Well done to the people who have been lucky enough to get a chance to live there.

Calton Avenue

Seems like Calton Avenue has some local competition though. According to The Sunday Times Home supplement (19.4.9), the seller (below) has an illustrious pedigree:

It has a grotto in the garden and is the ultimate party house, but now Andrew Czezowski, who helped launch the careers of the sex Pistols and the Clash, and who founded the Roxy club in the West End of London, has put his Dulwich mansion on the market for ?3.65m through Harvey & wheeler.

Czezowski, who has been restoring the house for the past few years, wants to concentrate his efforts on Brixton nightclub The Fridge, which he also owns. Fountain House has five floors and 8000 sq. feet of living space, set in just over half an acre.

Thing is, i was going to put an offer in, but it only has five floors instead of six. Damn!

--------------

Hey DM,

Personally no, as i understand that i won't get much change out of my few million or so sheckles in Dulwich. Thing is, in this environment, i'd rather buy a row of shops in SE15 or SE27 and sit on the investment.

If i buy that house even i'd struggle to fill it with presence and that's after turning the grotto into a Cupid-Stunt meets Hugh Hefner style gimp-space.

--------------------