bloody nappy valley (lounged)

betsy555

I don't like people who's lips are too thin. Can we have them moved-on?

Or people with really bulbous red lips - like the joker.

I mean JESUS sometimes walking round here you'd think this place ought to be called Thin-Lipped Red Bulbous Valley.

Quids, are you serious?

Anyone without children should just move out, because ED is a "family suburb"?

Foolishly, I thought within a whole postcode there might be room for more than one type of household and I'm really surprised to hear such intolerance from you. I'm childless, but I'd like to stay in your suburb if that's alright.

As for the rest of the debate, pointless and polarised as always when this comes up.

Some parents are considerate and tolerant and some are not and some are mostly considerate and tolerant, but occasionally not.

Some non-parents are considerate and tolerant and some are not and some are considerate and tolerant most of the time, but occasionally not.

Most people would agree that well behaved children are better than badly behaved children and most people recognise that not all children behave well all the time and that's ok.

Generalisations are rubbish.

It's *Bob*'s law all over again.

Kids, the more the merrier. Bring them up with a strong work ethic so they will be contributing taxes to my pension when I'm an old and curmudgeonly git. Some will even go on to be doctors, nusrses and social workers, all of whom I may have need of.

I'm quite prepared for any minor inconvenience when they're growing up, having to walk in the gutter because bugaboos (a sort of pram I believe) are blocking the pavement, having to insert earplugs in certain pubs and not laughing when one them slips on his little arse.

So carry on breeding and you don't need to stop at two or even three, have as many as you like.

Shag on good people.

Oh come on Anna? D'you think I meant that? ...you with 3 and all ;-)?

I just think it's a bit weird how often this 'kids', brats, superior 'acting' parents stuff is on the Forum in an area that is stocked to the gills with family housing and was originally built as such - as shown in that interesting historical link Lousia posted (there's an irony). I have never seen a thread about horrible, noisy, selfish childless people (of which there are legion TOO) for example. I'd hate a EDF drinks and East Dulwich without the childless lot, please stay!

My comment about Hoxton was aimed at Lenk specifically who has said he is a 'cardy carrying kidhater' in which case I'm surprised he lives in this area which has always been 'family'.

Do I live in the same place as all of you? Yes I see children around. This is normal. Considering that every person was once a child I am sometimes surprised that one doesn?t see more children around.

Funnily enough I never feel overrun by them any more than I would by the 20 somethings without kids or the elderly.

When I go out it seems full of all sorts of people some of them are in families. Again am I wrong in thinking this is a normal thing? A couple have children and they go about as a family unit. It is certainly what I intend on doing when I reproduce. Or am I misled and is it done in some other way?

I would like to take this opportunity to call you all idiots for even having this idiotic debate. Not that I can really bring myself to read much of it but I?ve got a feeling that it probably contains references to butchers, stupid assumptions about perambulators, accusations of class prejudice and a whole lot more idiocy about bollicks. (Has it got onto homophobia, racism, homeopathy or dogs yet?)

Take a few doses of, get the fuck over it, and hopefully you should feel better in the morning.

Ps. Any exception taken to my callous generalisations or pointing out the hypocrisy of me contributing to something, the contributing to which I have just rubbished, will be treated in the manner of a five year old with it?s fingers in its ears.

So - to recap - the essence of this thoroughly enlightening thread is: I don't like badly behaved children. Dur.

However, if you think East Dulwich is full of badly behaved children, then you're either an idiot, or you don't actually know what badly behaved children are. Either that, or you have two definitions for badly behaved children, based on the social and economic means of their parents. In which case, you're in idiot.

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ps. Any exception taken to my callous

> generalisations or pointing out the hypocrisy of

> me contributing to something, the contributing to

> which I have just rubbished, will be treated in

> the manner of a five year old with it?s fingers in

> its ears.

Actually Brendan this thread has now taken a swerve and all I'm concerned about is whether you'll be selling tickets for the sight of you 'reproducing'.

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My comment about Hoxton was aimed at Lenk

> specifically who has said he is a 'cardy carrying

> kidhater' in which case I'm surprised he lives in

> this area which has always been 'family'.

Most of us would live somewhere else if we could afford it...

Even the best behaved kids are badly behaved sometimes. Just as normally well behaved adults sometimes get a little bit out of control.

Let's not generalise, let's not be intolerant, let's not be FUCKWITS (as Sean eloquently put it earlier)

I liked Brendan's post the best (again)

Whenever I see another whinging post I think, as Brendan put it "Do I live in the same place as all of you?"

EDITED: Which isn't to say I'm some sort of Stepford clone thinking everything is all cushty, sorted etc. But in the greater scheme of things most people who have the time to post on here and live in the area are living on the sunny side of the global mountain

Kids are fine , be they grilled , stewed or BBQ'd, they are fine by me

after all a bit of noise and a buggy or 2 is a small price to pay when sitting in a coffee shop watching the yummy mummies go by.

Also guys , kids are like little puppies , they help you meet the fairer sex. (being an uncle, rather than a father is the best one here)

As for a queue outside the butchers , shows its popular and has good turnover of product so also works for me

ok , nuff said

I must say my gay vegetarian but not yet publicly out of the closet dog friend, who is being treated for allergies to children & prams & butcher shop queues by an alternative Buddist/Catholic practitioner is /will be very offend by many of the nasty comments on this thread, please consider this when posting

Though he still likes a nice "Bone in his bed" apparently

W**F

*Goes back to society section of the Guardian *

I had to walk out of Nero Coffee twice yesterday as I it was stuffed with mums with 4x4 bugs and I couldn't get a seat.

BTW: Husbands/boyfriends of said mums - are you all aware what your 'wimin' are doing all day? Who cleans the house and makes supper ffs?