Morag

BlueOne Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I hate to be the one to break it to you Tony, but

> I suspect, based on what I've seen of your

> 'special' brand of anachronistic chauvanism, not

> to mention your sparkling 'wit', that you have

> probably been given a very wide berth over the

> years by any women with a decent sense of humour.

>

> Mind you, you have given us so much insight into

> your domestic arrangements that I can't imagine

> how your various "Jamaican Lady Friends" could put

> up with you WITHOUT a healthy sense of humour.

>

> mwah mwah

> XX

Marvellous '(...had a bad day and done a balloon in cold blood yesterday :X (translation available, if required) and then I espy this..how utterly charming...:) sorry, I mean :(

You "suspect" incorrectly Ms Marple.

Are you seriously telling me that if we were work colleagues or (horror of horrors B)) actual neighbours, that you would not be enraptured,enthralled,enchanted and entertained by my enthusiasm and effortless efferescence?

Equally, that I would not, in time, be attracted to your unique style, which has been evident in your contributions to this fine fora, thus far?

I "suspect" that, eventually, we would be more than just good friends and acquaintances, but, alas and alac, that will never happen in this particular lifetime...there's always the next one, though...>:D<

p.s. When I say that I efferesce I do NOT mean that I emit small bubbles of gas on a regular basis....:))

RosieH Wrote:

Seriously? you could differentiate between a Wayne "women" and "wimmin"? but that still doesn't explain the crazy apostrophe

In Waynes World Wimmin were Wimmin but you are right there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for this crazee apostrophe, none whatsoever.

I, unreservedly,apologise Rosie.>:D<

I'm grateful to feminists, please don't take that the wrong way at all, but I do think that it's a see saw - there'll never be true equality. And it the moment, it's in danger of being reversed - I think that women are starting to have more rights than men in some cases. And that's not a good thing either.

Anyway, it's Sunday morning, this is all too deep. I'm off to make my husband's breakfast.....

If you have a desire to make someone else happy you?ll be ok. If you?re just chasing after your own happiness you will never find someone who doesn?t piss you off.

(Brendan?s pop psychology 101. Next week, why those cigarettes mean you weren?t breast fed.)

I kind of agree with you Brendan, although the simple act of making your partner happy doesn't necessarily mean that you will be happy. There are givers and takers and making someone happy is not always reciprocated. After a while, resentment may build.....

I agree with Brum and Daizie to some extent - mainly where kids are involved. When I was younger and (only slightly) less foolish, I would put up with all sorts of shenanigans from partners that I would never tolerate from a friend. These days, I am much less tolerant of crap behaviour just because I am in a relationship that I am trying to 'make work'. So simple but it's made me much happier.

I don't have kids though,and I know that it's a whole different story when you've created new people whose needs have to be taken into consideration.