What happened to real women.

Morag

Mikecg Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I remember when she was in the New Avengers Perdi

> was it and when she was in Sapphire and Steel she

> still looks good and she has aged really well,

> marvellous.

Moke please don't take this amiss, but it's Purdy. I think it's a reference to the London gunsmiths, Purdy.

Makes sense doesn't it?

Sorry, as you were.

Ok I apologize for my lack of a photographic memory Hona but did you have to you you you.

But if you look back at it I did ask the question is it blah blah?, you could have said Oh yes it was actually blah blah blah, then I could have said..... Oh never mind......

Real Wimmin' are tucked up in bed at 7.00 AM on a Sat. Morning while this wimp of a Man gets up, has studied for work for a couple of hours,leaving in a few minutes, remembering to close the door quietly, while Her Ladyship continues her beauty sleep until 1.00 PM........and then wake up and tell me that she needs to take it easy and asks gently "Do I appreciate having a helper around"--I quote, verbatim, 6.00 PM Friday Night...

Bless...B)

Are we moving towards an asexual human race?

Fewer real men and real women, more convergence.

Don?t know if it?s a good or bad thing.

Probably doesn?t make the majority of us happier.

Is the ever-lower male sperm count a sign of this?

As men and women are forced from playing to their strengths aren?t we now pretty much just incompetently unhappily struggling along?

What about a statue of Adam and Eve, to remind us of how we humans once were?

What happened to REAL reality?

Tony.London Suburbs Wrote:

> Real Wimmin'

Christ on a bike Tony, why the apostrophe? It's "wimmin" (or maybe "women" if you're not an ardent feminist, which I suspect you are TLS) - they're not wimming, what would be this verb "to wim"???

Ah, there's one for the tiny things / inexplicable rage thread.

Aaagh, but seriously Tones, why the insistence always on "wimmin"? Makes me want to beat you upside the head with a well-thumbed copy of Le Deuxieme Sexe ;-)*

*(second winky of the day - clearly am mellowing)

Morag Wrote:

> Just calm down Mikecg, I,m sorry you were

> offended, it was a joke.

Yes I know but I was dying to say something that a girl power girl would jump up and start ranting at me like a screaming banshee.

Mikecg Wrote:

> Yes I know but I was dying to say something that a

> girl power girl would jump up and start ranting at

> me like a screaming banshee.

girl? banshee?

throw in a gorgon for the triple crown

Mike, you are a card - you've made my day :):)):)-D>:D<;-)

Oh Brendan - so succinct, so true

I am so glad I went to a girls school and took it for granted that female personalities were as varied as as the number of females on the planet. From the class clown, to the sporty ones, the political activists, the scientific geeks and the arty farties, and everything else in between, we never saw ourselves defined in relation to boys. It was quite a shock to get out into world and be expected to pull my head in for fear of being judged as a certain 'type' of woman, and it still amazes me to hear limiting stereotyped crap like: "Women aren't funny"!

On the negative side, as a schoolgirl I had no idea that boys could be sensitive or good at English, let alone know how to speak to one! Still don't regret it though, as I managed to pick it up the art of flirting pretty quickly once I got to uni!

Another thing - why over the last few years am I constantly being told I love shoes above all else?

BlueOne Wrote:

> Oh Brendan - so succinct, so true

>

>

>

> .... me to hear limiting stereotyped crap like:

> "Women aren't funny"!

Absolutely.

Since 1971 I've worked with so many funny Women that its hard to remember them all:

Late Doreen Luke-1974/5

Jill Plank 1976/77..

I'll come back to you when I remember another one:))

The best real women are all fictional it seems..

Emma Peel (D. Rigg)

Barbarella (J. Fonda)

Becky in Coronation Street

"Bones" etc etc

One needs a sense of proportion in these matters - as Kipling succinctly put it "A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke" >:D<

SimonM

I hate to be the one to break it to you Tony, but I suspect, based on what I've seen of your 'special' brand of anachronistic chauvanism, not to mention your sparkling 'wit', that you have probably been given a very wide berth over the years by any women with a decent sense of humour.

Mind you, you have given us so much insight into your domestic arrangements that I can't imagine how your various "Jamaican Lady Friends" could put up with you WITHOUT a healthy sense of humour.

mwah mwah

XX

Tony.London Suburbs Wrote:

> Heard John Wayne say it once and....:)

Seriously? you could differentiate between a Wayne "women" and "wimmin"?

but that still doesn't explain the crazy apostrophe