Power Cut in SE22

Thanks for posting that. I had two spontaneous computer shutdowns, with no faults loggged, at 18:27 and 19:15. There was no obvious sign of a power cut, but the coincidence in time is enough for me not to worry about any more system checks for the time being.

Alan Medic Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Had two mini cuts and received a text message. I'm

> just curious how they have my number and who are

> UKPN?

I'm not sure how this works. You have to register for this service.. ?

I don't remember registering but I got a TEXT..

I suspect it was a one off to get you to Register ?

If your power?s off, we can keep you updated with text messages. These will let you know how our repair works are going, and give you an estimated time that your power will be switched back on.

To register for this service text ?Power? followed by your postcode to 80876. For example: Power IP3 6QX

If you want to stop receiving messages, just text ?CANCEL? to 80876. If you?d like to receive texts again, all you need to do is re-register.

You?ll need to register for this service each time you have a power cut.

Will I get charged for this service?

We will not charge you for registering for this service. However, standard text message fees apply and may vary according to your mobile network provider. You will not be charged to receive messages. However, if you are using this service outside of the UK you may be charged to receive messages.

http://www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/internet/en/power-cuts/receive-text-updates-during-power-cuts.html

DulwichFox