Cat, Horse, Greyhound..........which.........

Alan Medic

......is the least intelligent?

Horses look beautiful and people love them but they race with a jockey and continue even if he has fallen off.

Greyhounds chase electric rabbits.

Cats.....get lost all the time.

They all seem a bit stupid. Am I being harsh? Which is the most intelligent/stupid? I don't know.

Horses are extremely intelligent, so I would put them top. As for cats and dogs, well some dogs are smart and some are daft. Same with cats. I think the cat has to just edge it, because they are so independent. But then again, the smartness of a breed like the border collie is something to admire.

Good Question though Alan :)

I'd be pissed off with that car for scratching my record.

ANYWAY! What the feck are you on about? Has a dog ever made a hit record, created a work of art? A cat written a novel or a screenplay? A horse discovered the theory of relativity or discovered a cure for any diseases? Can any of these animals even spell or count? No. They're all daft as a fecking brush.

At least none of them have screwed the planets climate over, knowingly mass murdered their fellow species for messed up ideals, or sung their own praises about how feckin great they are. I despair at humanity sometimes. Complacent fucks!

Louisa.

Jah Lush Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'd be pissed off with that car for scratching my

> record.

>

> ANYWAY! What the feck are you on about? Has a dog

> ever made a hit record, created a work of art? A

> cat written a novel or a screenplay? A horse

> discovered the theory of relativity or discovered

> a cure for any diseases? Can any of these animals

> even spell or count? No. They're all daft as a

> fecking brush.

Well aside from Mr Ed the talking horse (I kid you not) there are various stories of clever horses, including this one that can count http://news.discovery.com/history/smartest-horse-hans-120107.htm

Besides, if you believe my signature, I am a dog that can use a computer 😉

Louisa Wrote:

> How can you say that blah? Dogs are used in bomb

> detection, for the blind, in herding amongst other

> things. A cat doesn't even come close in terms of

> intelligence.

>

> Louisa.

That's because cats are too smart to let themselves be used as slaves.

The "encephalization quotient" is a widely accepted way of estimating an animal's intelligence. So dog, cat, horse in order of decreasing intelligence (or increasing stupidity). But it's pretty close.

This (along with Louisa's insightful comment) got me wondering if we should be eating only big and stupid animals? Looks like there is a very good case for crocodile meat.

My interpretation of Darwinism, is that animals who are predators/carnivorous tend to be the most successful at survival and consequently are higher up the food chain. But that's all turned on its head when you judge mental intelligence (or is it ignorance?) of humanity, when we use weapons to hunt and destroy mammals who may be physically stronger than us but mentally weaker.

Louisa.

Loz Wrote:

> Sheep are by far the stupidest animals on the

> planet.

>

> Well, not counting Atomic Kitten.

if you count success by numbers then sheep and cows are incredibly successful found all over the planet as they have allowed man to domesticate them........