> Asset Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > hope the victims are not too badly hurt

>

> Looked like they both were gang members and

> teenagers. The place was swarming with them at one

> point.

I still hope they are not too badly hurt!

I asked police what was going on as my son often comes home at that time and the 185 was in the cordon, he said "someone was stabbed" I asked if it was a young guy, he said "Is your son black" I said no, then he said you've nothing to worry about, and he's not dying.

Administrator Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> KalamityKel Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Admin... I'm sure those posting what they're

> seeing/saw have already spoken with the police

>

> It would be wrong to assume that.

Would also be wrong to assume ppl are not responsible beings don't you think?

No need to come down heavy handed on us mere members admin for saying it as we're hearing and seeing now.

• Administrator

KalamityKel Wrote:

> Would also be wrong to assume ppl are not responsible beings don't you think?

I have not said that, I am asking people to report anything they may have seen to the police.

> No need to come down heavy handed on us mere members admin for saying it as we're hearing and seeing now.

Sorry if I appear "heavy handed", I am simply asking people to not post rumours as they can be detrimental to the incident, such as the "someone's been killed" "no one's been killed" posts.

sweetgirl Wrote:

> just got in from the incident area..... from what

> i got told it was a minor stabbing between

> kids.... no-one seems to have died!

>

> ::olets not get carried away now!!!!!!!

Major or minor, it's still one too many.

Domi, this is a reason i retired from this forum as i was telling you on that stretch of road earlier, people making things up and so forth so it's hard to know what to believe. Yes agreed too, maybe just leave it to the media. Photographer got there quick.:)

maybe Im an old cynic, maybe not, but ultimately these things can have a "greater good". I hope no-one is injured too seriously, but if it means that the "clowns" involved in the incident change their ways long-term then maybe, just maybe, the world might be a better place for us all, them included. Better it didnt happen in the first place sure, but if it does lets hope it has a positive impact to those involved.

kel and theallseeingeye, i think admin is just trying to make the (very good) point that rumour mungering about something this serious isn't particularly constructive - i've seen relatives in hospital waiting rooms browsing the forum on PDAs and putting the fear into them on principle of freedom of speech isn't so helpful. Neither is knit-picking an attempt to encourage people to come forward.

(edit: cross posted with above, who makes the point better)

LL Buses on redirect down to Peckham Rye and then up Barry Road.