Wimbledon starts tomorrow

barty

As long as Federer is playing, you have to consider him on Wimbledon's grass. And it's true that his life is gonna be easier with Nadal's withdrawal. But Murray's beaten him. He's clearly closer to the end of his career than he is from the beginning of it. Roger certainly isn't the automatic choice he has been in the past. I think Murray can do it.

Well we've had plenty of opinions on cyclists. We don't like to be as stuffy as the prudes in Sydenham although some of the regular posters live there. Read through the threads and you'll get a general idea of how things are done here. You wont look back I can assure you.

Difficult to call. Federer may be more relaxed and confident now he's equalled Pete Sampras's record. Then again he may now be sated and no longer hungry enough. Personally I think there are some very good players in the men's. Gonzales is a good player and Nalbandian is a dark horse.

He'll want to beat the Sampras record before he calls it a day, I reckon. Tsonga is my outsider, but I'd go for a Federer v Murray final.

What about the ladies? Williams or Williams? Has world no.1 Safina ever won anything on grass? Sharapova? Wozniacki?

bigbadwolf Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Er...excuse me, Top gear have just revealed

> Michael Schumcher as the Stig. He took his helmet

> off in front of the audience. I don't know about

> you but Neil Armstrong's jaunt around the Moon

> pales in comparison!!!

Seriously???!!

Mick Mac Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Really BBW - have just turned on the TV.

>

> So all those people with the "I am the Stig" T

> shirts were filty lyers - the same people as uesd

> to wear the JR T shirts. Scum.

I like what you did there Mic Mack. Ommitting the 'H'from filthy, really conveyed your Oirish accent. You did however slip up in failing to include 'oi' between 'L' and 'Y' in 'lyers'. Still, very sporting of you none the less.