gay girlies

badger

Sean, no worries with the area more the housemates I moved in with, but is all ok now I have been rescued by a friend of a friend at work who is letting me lodge at the greener end of Barry Road (Uplands). He is a very noice man & I'm sure I will be happier here.

Cheers GG

Hiya Badger, GG and any other gay girlie

I spoke to Mumra and she said there was a message on the forum about gay girlies and I thought it was my duty to join in the thread!

My girlie CB and I met and fell in love in East Dulwich (we were teachers in the same school) and we moved here 3 years ago this summer. We've grown to love the Rye Hotel and now its sister pub in Gypsy Hill, the Mansion. We also like Black Cherry and I'm a huge fan of Green and Blues. I have to say though that I love East Dulwich and I love the places I hang out but I think it can be hard sometimes to find somewhere where you would love to snog your girlie publcally or give her the odd knee squeeze. Maybe us skirtlifters should unite and think of ways how we could create some social events for the lesbian community here in ED? I am sure that we could find a monthly venue somewhere on LL to hold a girlie night where we can impress our other gay friends that the ED lesbians are out and proud! Would be happy to help set up anything. Let me know your thoughts!

Cheers,

Nikster

P.S. Anyhoohar, well done Badger and GG in coming to ED. I am sure you'll find it a great place to live :)-D

Cheers Nikster thats sounds like a cunning plan to me... Hmmmmm as a newbie to ED obviously I have no suggestions other than the Rye Hotel, however I a keen to explore the area as my girlie is coming over from Australia in just under 4 weeks time & it would be good to know a few places to take her for a gay friendly meal or lil drinkie.

It would be great to meet up with you & Badger & any other "girlies" in the area. Good idea Nikster

Cheers GG

wow - just checked in and can't believe this thread is still going... honestly believed it would be buried on page 10 behind a load of posts about WI cake-baking activities... just shows what I know :))

Thanks Nikster and GG - it would be great to meet up and start a merry gang. Sounds like James and Mikese22 may be wannabe gay girles as well?? I suppose we should kickstart things and decide a time & place. Rye Hotel? Haven't been yet. Mikese22 has been and was apparently impressed by the (male) talent :)

Hiya gang,

Meeting up at the Rye hotel sounds indeed like a merry plan. Good food, beer and a mere stroll across the Rye.

I'm on holiday next week but will be back the week beginning the 4th June. So lets meet for a quick half and fly the rainbow flag!!

Cheers,

Nikster

:)) Sounds good to me, any night but Weds is good for me. I shall spike my hair & dig up appropriate attire ??

It would be great to meet some "locals" & please dont go all Roysden Vasey on me & say "You're not from round here, this is a local pub, for local people" :-S ;-)

Have a great holiday Nik, & Badger you coming along?

Cheers GG

Hello Matt

Where all the gay lads in East D hang out is indeed a bit of a mystery. There must be plenty of them...(?)

Me and my boyfriend like the Rye Bar & Grill next to Peckham Rye, which is gay-owned and seems to get quite a mixed crowd.

James

Not necessarily - it's a bit unpredictable. I was in there one night and it seemed to be 60% gay men, 40% lesbians, some couples... other times it can be mostly straight.

If you're on the pull but are sick of Soho and Vauxhall I recommend getting the 185 to the bottom of Lewisham high street and going to Stonewalls. It's like a tacky provincial gay bar, very unpretentious, good for a laugh.

Hopefully we'll get a decent laid-back gay pub in East D soon...

Actually I met my partner in a nightclub and we've been together for 3 years so it is possible to get more than just sex from a tacky night out!

Maybe this forum should start some kind of lonely hearts/meeting friends & like-minded people section. What do you think Mr Administrator?

Just a suggestion, why don't you guys go along to the Gowlett on Friday for the EDF drinks. Then, if you all get on, you can arrange to have your own regular "rainbow" (?!?!?!?) drinks.... Seems to me to be the simplist way to meet other local gay people...

There seem to be quite a lot of gay people in Dulwich, and from what's been said on here (on more than one occasion), there's nowhere local to go. Plus, there are probably those people who read, but don't want to post on here... So, arranging meet ups would seem to be a really nice idea.

Anyway, what do I know, I'll shut up now :-$

Hey pink people - Can we join you?? my boyfriend James and I live on Crystal Palace Road and have been East Dulwich locals for several years now. What do gay people do here? Generally stay in and entertain at home or else mix with the straights! But yes, a rainbow night is a much needed must - details please!