Sainsburys - disabled parking (Lounged)

dv1

Think of the car park as a chessboard with the white pieces lined up by Sainsburys and Black on dog kennel hil. Now if every other line was a parking bay there would be far fewer opportunities for pedestrians to pass behind reversing cars.

I think they couldnt get as many cars in that way.

Simple really.

Dear Lenk,

Having read and re-read your posts on this thread carefully, I think I've gained an insight into what lies behind your virulently anti-child stance:

You're a miserable c**t!

"C'mon kids, lets go and laugh at the grumpy man, and poke him with sticks!"

err.. right

That's an article about prangs and scrapes on account of people being cack at parking. It doesn't even mention accidents in car parks involving people, which is what this is supposed to be about.

Show us something useful and relevant, such as 'stats on injuries to children in Sainsburys car parks' - and you might be on to something.

Muley Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Dear Lenk,

>

> Having read and re-read your posts on this thread

> carefully, I think I've gained an insight into

> what lies behind your virulently anti-child

> stance:

>

> You're a miserable c**t!

>

> "C'mon kids, lets go and laugh at the grumpy man,

> and poke him with sticks!"

It's indescriminate, I'm no less misanthropic towards those who don't have them to be honest.

I don't even shop at that Sainsbury's.

If I do I cycle there. At full pelt along the path, with childcatcher attachment fitted.

It doesn't matter how many stories of accidents in car parks you frantically Google, it tells me nothing whatsoever about how dangerous supermarket car parks are.

I thought this was clear after an earlier post.

I could post another thirty links to other aircrashes, thus showing 'air travel' to be 'even more dangerous'?

I'm sure you could. But that wouldn't be at all relevant would it.

What these incidents show is that car parks are dangerous. And intuitively you know that to be right don't you. Lots of nooks and crannies for children to suddenly appear out of, cars performing complex manouevres, stressed parents struggling with wayward trollies and children.

But not as dangerous as sword swallowing, I'll give you that.

Moving away from your useful stats on accidents at zebra crossings and driveways 11,000 miles away..

Intuitively, I'd put the parent car park on away from the main entrance, with a proper raised footpath to walk around to get to the entrance, as opposed to right at the front of the store, where everyone wants to park, where people desperately try to dive in and out of spaces to save half a minute of walking time, with no safe exclusive footpath to get in to the store, right by the drop-off/collection lane where people drive in at speed - all the time, because their in a rush to get in and get out.

But, as Hugenot said, sixteen pages back, this is 1% about safety and 99% about retaining customers who spend a wad of cash of their weekly shop.

An old lady suffering from minor head injuries in Torbay is hardly a cause for panic:

"The woman, who suffered minor head injuries, was a passenger in one of the vehicles and was taken to Torbay Hospital."

The Australian research is irrelevant as it is sourced from Australia; a very different place. Having spent much of my teenage years watching Neighbours and Home and Away, I am something of an expert on Australia. Misadventures are part of an Australian's day-to-day experience, hence high accident rates.

taper Wrote:

Lots of nooks and crannies for

> children to suddenly appear out of,

ED Sainsbury's car park, earlier

http://www.movieforum.com/movies/titles/labyrinth/images/labyrinth.jpg

If you're that concenred about your child leaping in front of a car, keep them on one of those harness things?

lenk Wrote:

> Muley Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Dear Lenk,

> >

> > Having read and re-read your posts on this

> thread

> > carefully, I think I've gained an insight into

> > what lies behind your virulently anti-child

> > stance:

> >

> > You're a miserable c**t!

> >

> > "C'mon kids, lets go and laugh at the grumpy

> man,

> > and poke him with sticks!"

>

> It's indescriminate, I'm no less misanthropic

> towards those who don't have them to be honest.

>

> I don't even shop at that Sainsbury's.

>

> If I do I cycle there. At full pelt along the

> path, with childcatcher attachment fitted.

Well, that would seem to emphasise my point.

"C'mon kids, lets go and poke sticks into the spokes of the grumpy man's bike and make him fall off!"

A lady was killed this week outside Oval tube station. A worker stuggling in a world skewed toward the land owners riding her bike to work is struck down by an oversized truck hauling building materials no doubt to yet another supermarket style building site. But our convenience in having big markets owned by a handfull of people and cars cars cars means she had to sacrifice her life.

PROSouthwark Wrote:

> A lady was killed this week outside Oval tube

> station. A worker stuggling in a world skewed

> toward the land owners riding her bike to work is

> struck down by an oversized truck hauling building

> materials no doubt to yet another supermarket

> style building site. But our convenience in

> having big markets owned by a handfull of people

> and cars cars cars means she had to sacrifice her

> life.

??!!

'no doubt another supermarket style building site'? Do you know this to be true?

People going on the inside of massive artics is a huge killer of cyclists in London. Give them a massive, massive berth.

Cylists bloody hate em - "huge Killer" - how many is huge? 4 40 5000 lets have some real statistics. Since most cyclists break the rule and ride on pavements and through red lights up one way streets the wrong way its suprising there arent more accidents they are as bad as children!. (TIC!)