I've given up booze and am bored out of my mind!

LegalEagle-ish

I'm going to try a zero alcohol drinks next weekend. I have avoided the pub for the past 2 weeks - but if I can go to the pub without drinking alcohol, I'll have my social life back!! I had to do the same when I stopped smoking. It took about a month before I could go to a pub without gagging for a fag.

Edited to say - it might be highly amusing to watch other people get shitfaced for a change!!

I am really rubbish at the smoking "bad stuff" especially after plenty firewater, i think finding myself naked kneeling on a chair with a pillow on the windowsill at 5 am one morning made me realise "we" were not good for each other, oh & it was snowing

I don't drink & drive, as my sister said when we were young "Coz you'll spill it silly "

Grr

W**F

Darling LegalEagle-ish,

Why don't you try changing your tipple? I have given up Chablis and I am trying gin for a while. I decided that the vino had too much calorie involvement and if I need something to help me blurr the edges, I shall have gin - which I hate. I shall let you know how I get on.

I too am bored...

sounds like you're on a bit of a journey legal,good for you. Dont worry if you lapse,the subject will come up again another time.Bin reading the amazing debate/abuse?opinion you've raised re alpha.

I've a very dear friend who lives in C palace attended alpha & went through a similsr quest,she overcame her drink issues & stopped inviting dodgy men into her life.Believe me I'm not advocating alpha,I've been attending Practical Philosophy for 7 years and that suits me fine for now,although she did invite me to alpha on the promise of trying Philosophy.I did find Nicky Gumbel a bit preachy,but in order not to criticise without knowledge i finished the course.She hasn't reciprocated yet but there are many paths & I'm not & never will take up religion.

I found taking up things that interested me helped,like salsa dancing {have you ever seen a dance floor cleared in 10 seconds?Like John Cleese on acid!!} Also Ju jitsu ( I can now kill a man just by lifting my arms!!} Anyway you get the drift,there must be something out there you like.Good luck with it & well done on the fags & 2 weeks with your problem feet {ie.cant keep them out of the pub!}You could always take up gardening!

Thanks Garden man, i run, cycle to work and kick arse in Taekwondo during the week, plus grow veg, but i was a bit of a party animal on the weekend, which is the bit i'm working on now. I need some interesting stuff to do on the weekend that doesn't involve alcohol!

I hear you. I got very bored at times when I was off the sauce and there is nothing more boring than seeing your friends getting pissed when you're stone cold sober. I coped by smoking lots of weed. The last time I gave up though for any real lenght of time was 20 years ago when I stopped for a year.

I've been drunk and I've been sober and I like to think I've reached a happy medium between the two now, though obviously I still have my moments but I don't feel guilty about it the next day. I know my limitations now.