iPhone geekery

mockney piers

Whew, snatched three hours sleep and am heading back. Big 9lb boy arrived last night.

Interestingly i did have an app for monitoring contractions, but i got bored after the first 24 hours (missus mockers got bored of them after the first contraction frankly). Plus it was really buggy and the chart scales were really rubbish.

Plus when you're being induced it's all controlled by drugs anyhow, so utterly pointless really.

Anyway, geeky stuff apart ma and baby fine thanks chap(esse)s.

What the heck are you using it for Piers that it only lasts six hours?

I left my charger at work on Friday night. Leaving work with a fully charged phone and with bare minimum usage it was still alive this morning (I wasn't at work on Monday). Not bad.

I reckon the battery life seems low but only because you end up using it for some much more stuff than a normal mobile and a lot of those apps are juice drinkers.

I really don't use the apps that much; mostly the browser but at work it's plugged into pc so won't drain. If I use the map function (far and away the most useful app) then I can kiss goodbye to the battery in half an hour.

Ok it will last longer as long as I don't use it at all. Bu that rather defeats the purpose. Plus it's an old 3G and I suspect it's always had a dodgy battery.

To me the most annoying thing about a mobile (along with it ringing when I?m carrying my shopping on the bus or beeping when I?m trying to have a nap) is the fact that I have to charge it once a week. If I had to charge it every day I just wouldn?t bother no matter how much fancy shit it did.

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> To me the most annoying thing about a mobile

> (along with it ringing when I?m carrying my

> shopping on the bus or beeping when I?m trying to

> have a nap) is the fact that I have to charge it

> once a week. If I had to charge it every day I

> just wouldn?t bother no matter how much fancy shit

> it did.

You're not really built for the modern age, are you Brendan?

You need a Powermat, Brendan.

Simply fit your phone with a Powermat receiver (purchase separately from Powermat) then lay your phone carefully on the mat to charge it up, making sure the mat is turned on and the correct surface area of the phone is in contact with the correct surface area of the mat.

Takes all the hassle and effort out of charging your phone the old-fashioned way.

file.php?20,file=8794