The Deerhunter - Russian Roulette scenes

Marmora Man

Not to take this too far off topic, but did anyone have the misfortune to catch Heatstroke the other night. It's almost Ed Wood (his films rather than the film) levels of bad, but couldn't stop watching. Bad by every possible measure. Still, I finally got to answer whatever hapened to Winnie from the Wonder Years.

mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Titanic almost ranks alongside Contact and Forrest

> Gump as you well know you cheeky man.

I would like to add Benjamin Button and Pearl Harbour to that list.

Yeah, those were clearly crap, but what about critically acclaimed films that are in reality awful..ladies and gentleman, I give you ...."Ryans Daughter".....all those Oscars and John Mills with perhaps the greatest piece of awful hammmish luveidom ever

In terms of "classics" that I just didn't really enjoy.

Apocalypse Now / Platoon (just don't really dig war films)

The Graduate

Shane (not a western fan, but this one is especially dull)

Blade Runner - Dullsville

How I lusted after Mrs Robinson when I was a teenager

Well, yeah, that goes without saying (if you're around the age you or I am). Other than that though.

Lots and lots of people agree with you RE Bladerunner, but it never "did it" for me. Perhaps I should have another look, I tried twice (directer's cut), but was years and years ago.

The 9th company. War film following recruits going through some of the narliest training the Soviet army has to offer and follows their experiences of life in the Russian offensive in Afghanistan.

Apart from being an awesome film it also serves as a stark reminder that Russia is without a doubt the most Pikey nation on earth.