The Deerhunter - Russian Roulette scenes

Marmora Man

Keef Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Lots and lots of people agree with you RE

> Bladerunner, but it never "did it" for me. Perhaps

> I should have another look, I tried twice

> (directer's cut), but was years and years ago.

I think it helps if you're a bit of a sci-fi nerd to start with.

The Dax symbiont was hosted by two Trills: (Lieutenant Commander) Jadzia and (Ensign) Ezri (during the DS9 timeline - Dax had other, earlier hosts, as I'm sure you know.) Presumably, you liked one or other of the Trill hosts (let me guess - Terry Farrall?)

My favourite Trek-babe is ex-Borg Seven of Nine who joined Voyager's crew. She is hot!

HAL9000 Wrote:

> The Dax symbiont was hosted by two Trills:

> (Lieutenant Commander) Jadzia and (Ensign) Ezri

> (during the DS9 timeline - Dax had other, earlier

> hosts, as I'm sure you know.) Presumably, you

> liked one or other of the Trill hosts (let me

> guess - Terry Farrall?)

Jesus f..king wept Hal get yout tongue out of her worm hole!

When you've finished fantasizing about Starfleet officers Hal see me in my ready room for a 'debrief'.

Really.

Tell me Hal, how do you like your worm holes...

Do you like them hairy and derelict like you'd probably find on a female Klingon warrior or do you prefer I nicely trimmed worm hole like you'd find on a Vulcan science officer of the fairer sex?

We wont judge you Hal...well...not to your face.

well if we're doing ?ber geek trekky fancying, then i'll skip the obvious geri ryan (cripes, mind) and have to go for jennifer lien (kes) who also played Ed Norton's sister in American History X (Simplistic, but powerful film) .

I actually abhor all Star Trek, it's so effing worthy and boring, but I'm a natural sci-fi geek, so have watched most of it whether i enjoyed it or no.

Oh sod it...Geriiiii

ps Bladerunner, one of the best films ever made, everyone at the peak of their powers, even Vangelis!!

Oh yes, the amazing Kes, the juvenile Okampa with a nine-year lifespan who developed an allergy to the glue used to attach her ears :)

Apparently written out of the show for rejecting the advances of a well-connected admirer. She was replaced by Jeri Ryan.

???? Wrote:

> whilst you're about Hal- 2001 a space

> oddity..........mmmmmmm........crap

If you mean it was too long with hardly any dialogue and made little sense without reading the book then you are probably right. But as a dynamic synergy of music and visual imagery the movie has yet to be equalled let alone surpassed. It was way ahead of its time, IMO. And the STAR was me!!!