Apollo Moon Landing: Giant Leap or Giant Hoax?

HAL9000

*Bob* Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I thought you said Kubrick's special effects-generated

> lunar landscape was unsurpassed?

Yes: within the context of a sci-fi movie - he wasn't anticipating his work being hung at the Hayward, as far as I know.

I've thought about it, and you're right, Hal.

They should have got Kubrick to do the the moon landing hoax film pics.

Tie him in contractually for the sequel, of course.

For Apollo 14: shake things up a bit. Michael Bay and Jerry Bruckheimer would be a fine choice.

Apollo 15: Romcom? Someone with a light touch (suggestions?)

Apollo 16: 'Moon: The Musical'. Baz Luhrmann to direct.

Final Mission: George Lucas - (proven track record in sci-fi)

bigbadwolf Wrote:

> Did you all know that humans know more about the

> galaxy than we do about under our Oceans.

My friend, the marine biologist, actually knows more about under our oceans than about space.

red devil Wrote:

> Yeah, but are marine biologists actually human,

> aren't they supposed to have webbed hands and

> feet...

>

lol, he's totally human, he will be playing at the Dogstar this saturday if anyone wants proof...

ok that was a shameless plug for my buddy Dan

I think on the overwhelming balance of probabilities (one cannot be certain obviously: in this life there are only three certainties - death, taxes and the hijacking of EDF threads by the terminally unamusing :))) the moon landing cannot have been a hoax and must really have happened. My reasoning is simple. A hoax would have needed a large number of conspirators/participants and they'd have long ago been queueing up to write the book or sell the story of what really happened...But there's been nary a sniff of one. Although we do now know that JFK was a womaniser whose father plotted with the mafia to buy the 1960 election - both revelations unthinkable in the 60's when JFK was seen as the young god cut down in his prime - and we can be reasonably certain Marilyn Monroe was murdered, of the moon landing not one illicit photo of the film set where it "happened" or a memoir from the grandson of the guy who supplied the "genuine" moon rocks.....

HAL9000 Wrote:

> None of the orbital lunar mappers have conclusively

> identified any [Apollo] landing sites ...

Lo and behold, a couple of low res images from the Reconnaissance Orbiter were published on July 15, 2009, just four days before my post! (See 2nd & 3rd links below.)

I include three particularly interesting links if anyone else wants to read the latest on this subject:

Apollo Moon Landing Hoax Accusers

Apollo Moon Landing Hoax Conspiracy Theories

Independent Evidence for Apollo Moon Landings

>>Can we? Who by? (not having a go here, Simon. If you've got time I'd be interested to hear the hows and whys?)<<

Well although admittedly my tongue was at least partly in my cheek there's been much detailed speculation of this over the decades (The Mafia, Bobby Kennedy etc). The most recent "take" I read was in Patricia Cornwell's "Scarpetta"...

Well although admittedly my tongue was at least partly in my cheek

Fair enough: I am a thick, as I have mentioned before.

I do know that Cornwell is convinced Sickert was the Ripper, and seems to have lost her marbles a bit on that one - buying dozens of his paintings and allegedly destroying one or two looking for his DNA.

Moos Wrote:

> Apparently not hpsaucey... see page 2 of this

> thread - I was shocked. All those sciencey

> catalogues selling 'em at Christmas... could they

> be fibbing?

Bloody 'ell. I thought Etch A Sketch was a bit 'out there'!