Want to start a hot new band?

Richy T

Hello everyone.

My name's Richard, I'm moving to East Dulwich next week, and I've heard great things about this site.

I want to know if there's anyone out there keen on putting a band together. I play rhythm / lead guitar, sometimes do a bit of song writing, and at a push could do some backing vocals. I work pretty regular hours, so it would only be an evenings / weekends kind of thing. I'm not an amazing guitarist, I'm really just looking for some people who want to play music and have some fun along the way.

I miss playing in a band and I reckon there must be a few of you out there who feel the same. If this sounds like you, or if you know someone in the area who might want to get involved, then it would be great to hear from you.

Cheers

Rich

Greetings

Welcome to the EDF Richy, I'm not a musician but if you can work covers of 'King Of The Rumbling Spires' and 'Get It On' into your set then it's my shout at the bar for your band.

Even the drummer who'll probably want a large Smirnoff and Red Bull as well as a pint.

Good luck.

Hi Rich.

I'm no musician by any stretch of the word but there's a guy called HonaloochieB on this site (he thinks he's a bit of a ladies man but we do indulge him) and he plays a mean Triangle. He's a bit shy concerning his musical ability (he's also got a very high voice) but don't be afraid to send him a message enquiring after his talent.

P.s If he does make it on stage keep him away from the main lights as he's as bald as a cue ball and you wouldn't want to blind the fans, not to mention put the groupies off.

The very best of luck.

bigbadwolf Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Or 'grooving'.

Oh, thanks for reminding me BBW.

Richy if you want to cover 'The Groover' and 'Twentieth Century Boy' as well then I'm in the chair for the second round as well.

Even unto Kettle Chips for the musicians and treble pork scratchings for the drummer.

Sorry Richy but BBW has, inadvertently I'm sure, misled you here.

What he's got his silly old too hairy head all confused about is the fact that I occasionally provide backing vocals for a math rock group called The Mean Triangles.

When I perform with them I bring a reggae element to the proceedings, I'm known as IandIsosceles.

The main band is, on vocals Polly Gone, A Cute the guitarist, EK Willateral taking bass duties and RITE who deals with sampling and treatments.

The drummer has named himself Bermuda and wears the shorts at every show. I'm not sure he's fully on board with the concept.

Still the cover/rewrite of Girls Aloud's 'Biology' - The Mean Triangles perform it as 'Geometry' and Polly introduces it as being 'a different class' - is a highlight of the set.

Mind BBW was right about the baldy slaphead thing, I'm definitely more Brian Eno than Brian May.

One love.

HonaloochieB Wrote:

> Sorry Richy but BBW has, inadvertently I'm sure,

> misled you here.

> What he's got his silly old too hairy head all

> confused about is the fact that I occasionally

> provide backing vocals for a math rock group

> called The Mean Triangles.

> When I perform with them I bring a reggae element

> to the proceedings, I'm known as IandIsosceles.

> The main band is, on vocals Polly Gone, A Cute the

> guitarist, EK Willateral taking bass duties and

> RITE who deals with sampling and treatments.

> The drummer has named himself Bermuda and wears

> the shorts at every show. I'm not sure he's fully

> on board with the concept.

> Still the cover/rewrite of Girls Aloud's 'Biology'

> - The Mean Triangles perform it as 'Geometry' and

> Polly introduces it as being 'a different class' -

> is a highlight of the set.

>

> Mind BBW was right about the baldy slaphead thing,

> I'm definitely more Brian Eno than Brian May.

>

> One love.

Alright...O.K, that was good Hona.

I know my place and I'm more than happy to skulk back to it. Just so you know though, one day I'll best you and on that merry day I'll bite my thumb at you for all to see.

Until then, the floor is still...most definately...YOURS!

One day HonaloochieB......one day.

In response to the first and last posts on this thread, I play guitar and have missed being in a band, would really like to catch up with dundas and richy t for a pint and a chat about playing together, give me a shout.

What does a "hot band" involve? Kind of like something you would have said in the 80s. The phrase conjures up images of Skid Row, Van Halen, Motley Crue.

Also, I'm sure HB's first reply originally had names of Mott The Hoople songs, and now it's T-Rex. Why is there no "edited" text at the bottom of the post?

There's a duplicate thread in the Issues/Goss section, which has now been locked.

When I spotted this one I was in the throes of T Rexstacy hence the suggestions.

Motley Crue might be a bit of a stretch for ED though. how about a Zodiac Mindwarp & The Love Reaction type vibe instead?

Interesting Honalochie, I suggest you collaborate with Mr Lush and compose a 100 post treatise on the relative hotness of Motley Crue?s, Girls, Girls, Girls as opposed to the more reserved British approach to the subject by Zodiac Mindwarp and the Love Connection in the piece entitled, Backseat Education.

Cunning, HonaloochieB, more like.

So, you're saying you posted near identical, but sublty different responses to the same post in two different areas? Causing poor Jeremy to think he was going quite mad and dash off to seek clarification in the About The Forum section.

Has that been your darstadly plan all along? To slowly drive us all mad with clever mind games? Are you, in fact, an evil genius?

Or have I spent too long in the library?

annaj Wrote:

> Cunning, HonaloochieB, more like.

> So, you're saying you posted near identical, but

> sublty different responses to the same post in two

> different areas? Causing poor Jeremy to think he

> was going quite mad and dash off to seek

> clarification in the About The Forum section.

> Has that been your darstadly plan all along? To

> slowly drive us all mad with clever mind games?

> Are you, in fact, an evil genius?

>

> Or have I spent too long in the library?

No you haven't Anna, I am just as you describe and it's my intention to wring the last drops of sanity from Jeremy by using all the cunning in my possession.

You know like Joseph Cotten and Olivia De Havilland did to Bette Davis in Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte.

OR IS IT?

Anyway must dash, I'm currently interviewing for underlings and henchmen, t'aint all beer and skittles this evil genius lark you know.

I've got a spare white persian cat, if you like- they seem to be standard issue for evil geniuses (for stroking when confronting their nemesises)

Is nemesises the plural of nemesis? Or should it be nemesii?

Muley Wrote:

> I've got a spare white persian cat, if you like-

> they seem to be standard issue for evil geniuses

> (for stroking when confronting their nemesises)

>

>

> Is nemesises the plural of nemesis? Or should it

> be nemesii?

Personally I wouldn't bother with small fry like coin collectors Muley.

I may have done when I was a bit-dodgy-ducking-and-diving genius.

Nowadays I won't touch anything below arch-enemy.

HonaloochieB is and always will be the most gash super villain there will ever be, he only started doing it for tax reasons and has never really done anything apart from kidnapping the odd cat. I on the otherhand (I've got a hook on the other) sell guns and drugs from from my Blofeld style hideout and I've got a pool of maneating sharks as well.

I also get all the best skirt (i.e Barbara Bach's triple X) unlike HonaloochieB who has to get his legover with the likes of Rosa Klebb.