Come On You Reds

Jah Lush

Err... excuse me, what bad press. I've seen nothing in today's papers to persuade me otherwise. I've always thought Liverpool fans on the whole to be absolutely magnificent. Did you see them on the terraces last night? What a marvellous sight to see. A sea of flags, scarves and banners, singing their hearts out to spur their team on. What more could you possibly want from your supporters?

TillieTrotter Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Never mind lads, your boys did you proud.

>

> Staying with stereotypes Snorky, I bet you wont be

> buying anyone a drink with your winnings!! Ock I

> the no

I did post , but remioved it - cant see the point of an argument

cmon you AC Milan!" champions of Europe!

spadetownboy Wrote:

> so the liverpool fans are innocent and its all the

> fault of the authorities. unfortunately that wont

> wash,espicially with the previous that liverpool

> fans have. its a distinct possibility that the

> action taken by the authorites prevented a repeat

> of heysel/hillsborough.

Whoa whoa whoa, Hillsborough and Heysel are 2 very very different things!!!! Heysel, yes there were thugs, and it's a shamefull bit of history... Hillsborough was tragic, and if anyone deserves blame, it's the police!!! However, because it was after Heysel, you had the Sun saying that the Liverpool fans were stealing from the pockets of their dead!!! Bloody disgrace!

Last night when I heard about the people getting in with fake tickets, I did think of Hillsborough, and thank God nothing like that happened!

Keef Wrote:

> spadetownboy Wrote:

> > so the liverpool fans are innocent and its all

> the

> > fault of the authorities. unfortunately that

> wont

> > wash,espicially with the previous that

> liverpool

> > fans have. its a distinct possibility that the

> > action taken by the authorites prevented a

> repeat

> > of heysel/hillsborough.

>

> Whoa whoa whoa, Hillsborough and Heysel are 2 very

> very different things!!!! Heysel, yes there were

> thugs, and it's a shamefull bit of history...

> Hillsborough was tragic, and if anyone deserves

> blame, it's the police!!! However, because it was

> after Heysel, you had the Sun saying that the

> Liverpool fans were stealing from the pockets of

> their dead!!! Bloody disgrace!

>

> Last night when I heard about the people getting

> in with fake tickets, I did think of Hillsborough,

> and thank God nothing like that happened!

they do have a common denominator.

Keef Wrote:

> Yes by pure coincidence. If it had been Arsenal,

> Charlton or Man U's fans who'd been that end of

> Hillsborough that day, it would be one of those

> clubs wanting justice for the 96.

there,s no coincidence about it, the facts are plain for all to see and only for a bit of good old fashioned heavy handed european policing athens 07 could have been and thankfully was,nt added to the list.

What facts are you talking about? Liverpool were involved in both, obviously... However, the 2 things were so so different. I really feel that comparing them is a real insult to the people that died at Hillsborough! There was no fan trouble at Hillsborough, and the police involved have since admitted they lied about stuff!

Now, seriously, are you just a wind up merchant for a laugh? I know you're Irish, so I suspect you might be a Man U fan... That would explain a thing or 2 too...;-)

I agree with Keef, the problem here is that people believe the trash that is often reported in the papers. The report and enquiry that has been produced since the terrible disaster at Hilsborough proves that the fans were not to blame. The "Truth" is something that the JFT96 campaign are still fighting for today and is also the reason why sales of the "scum" newspaper are incredibly low in Liverpool!

Im sorry, but this is not right. I hate getting into this argument as it does seem to pigeorhole one as gloating over the dead and that is not the case - being realistic over the events behind Hillsborogh disaster is a taboo subject in many areas - and until there is acceptance on both sides as to the reason behind it, it will never be put to bed.

apologies, Im not posting this to goad anyone.

I actually agree with you Snorky. However, I still don't think you can really compare Hillsborough to Heysel, they were so so different....

If anyone's interested, I found THIS to be a good and unbiased(ish) account of Hillsborough and the aftermath. And HERE is a thing about Haysel, for which the Liverpool fans involved should obviously carry a very large amount of the blame (although not all, as you can't really blame them for the wall collapsing).

I seem to recalll Hornby saying something about running of the terraces being basically standard practice in English football grounds back in the late 70s and early 80s, week in week out in alot of grounds. But doing that at a mostly middle class foreign football crowd was never going to do anything other than cause unbridled panic.

I'm aware that there was a nasty contingent among the eyeties, but Liverpool supporters have to hold their hands up on that one.

Yes you just can't know a wall will colla[se, hence it was a tragedy, but that can't mitigate blame.

Keef Wrote:

> I actually agree with you Snorky. However, I still

> don't think you can really compare Hillsborough to

> Heysel, they were so so different....

>

> If anyone's interested, I found THIS to be a good

> and unbiased(ish) account of Hillsborough and the

> aftermath. And HERE is a thing about Haysel, for

> which the Liverpool fans involved should obviously

> carry a very large amount of the blame (although

> not all, as you can't really blame them for the

> wall collapsing).

are you fcuking on something you cant really blame them for the wall collapsing,if the red scum hadnt forced their way into the juventus end and attacked their fans, forcing them to retreat the wall wouldnt have collapsed in the first place. the pure and simple facts are when there have been disasters involving english football teams in the past 25yrs,there is only one group of supporters involved and only for the intervention of the greek police i have no doubt whatsoever we would now be looking at a 3rd incident involving the supporters of liverpool. strangely enough the milan supporters had similar probs with counterfeit ticket holders gaining access at the expence of genuine ticket holders yet no reports of any trouble from them. by the way not all irish people support man.u,some of us even support the mighty hotspurs.

So you're bitter because you missed out on Europe after Heysel then? ;-) Look we're not going to agree here, no one seems to be hearing me. heysel was shit, and if it hadn't been for the behaviour of the Liverpool fans, it wouldn't have happened. I've never said otherwise, but there are other factors... Anyway, for the last time, my point is that Hillsborough was very different, and I don't think it's at all fair to compare! Oh, and no I'm not on anything yet, it's a bit early for me. Give me a few hours and ask again...