Foxtons: Turn the lights out!

I hate to p*ss on your fire works however, you probably use more or as much energy at home. These signage units are LED low powered units. They emit a clean light for as little as 1.5 watts per lamp. Your average household lightbulb is 75-100watts so they can run 50+ odd for what your kitchen probably uses .They are the newest state of the art lighting set to replace all incandesesnt standard light bulbs/lamps in the future.

Put your hand over one, they run cold unlike an L.V or standard bulb.

Amelie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Actually yes I would ask for the lighting at

> Piccadilly Circus to be turned off, if I knew to

> whom to write. All lights on buildings and

> floodlights attached to buildings should be

> switched on only at lighting up time and should be

> switched off at 11.00pm. All streetlights should

> be fitted with 'blinkers' so that the light they

> produce is aimed towards the pavement and not in a

> general halo around them, and all orange sodium

> bulbs should be replaced with white halogen

> bulbs.

>

> Here endeth the rant.

----------------------------------------------------

Halogen is being phased out in favour of low energy LED. BTW

Then we should get them turned off on the basis of it being:

a) a bad role model for those without LED low powered lighting

b) light pollution

c) garish and vulgar

d) like the big brother house

e) an anachronistic, constant reminder of the idiocy of an economy based on house prices and greed

We should immediately return to the days of gas mantles and horses, TB and abundant facial hair, especially on the men

woofmarkthedog - Do you know if the office lighting is also LED?

Mick Mac - Re-read the original comment I made to you, I have no objection to a company making use of its shop front to advertise its business, that has a purpose, as does Picadilly Circus.....however garish it looks.

bigblue99 - I have no objection to people cutting and pasting my email although I think it would have more impact if everyone wrote something for themselves.

Dear Sir,

I write in relation to your branch on Lordship Lane although this issue may well be true of other Foxtons branches.

I and many others have noticed that your shop front and office space remain fully lit well into the evening and quite possibly right through the night. I assume that this must be down to company policy rather than forgetful staff? If it is the former, I would be grateful if you would provide me with the contact details of the company director most able to effect a change in company policy.

Wasting energy in this way is a social nuisance, environmentally irresponsible, and financially ridiculous. I would therefore like to challenge the thinking behind this policy and hopefully stimulate a change that will be of benefit to everyone.

If this is not a company wide policy then I would be interested to understand the reasoning behind this managerial decision. Alternatively simply switch the lights off when you lock up.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe in short you the Foxtons knockers should just say

FOXTONS, yes all of you.

We dislike you intensely you and your lights.Your cars....braces...oh just everything. Though we do take some pleasure in knowing you overvalued the business you bought from Jon Hunt for ?390 million pounds , think of him now with a pile of cash laughing his no doubt very expensive socks off. Also knowing that you flex tested the market to minus 30% and not the 50% reduction you see now really hurts, so much so that the USA company sprang a leak and sank in no time.

Please know we get no greater pleasure than whipping up any old carny to pillory your company with. Really what next, the people of the Parish will want to know if you re-cycle those 24 carat gold staples and paperclips or chuck them aimlessly into the eyes of newborns.

How you live with yourselves is beyond anyones comprehension, on here anyway.

East dulwich

Ps. Turn the lights off even though they are low energy saving LED ( Jealous , NO...) and that my house has devalued by at least 100k and that many still can't get on the property ladder hurts and that you being the most shameless grafters of the property world must have something to do with it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How about that ehh, that's more like it. Like the thwack of elastic braces on your nipples. Lets not beat around the bush with Dear sirs, company directors, social nuisance, environmentally irresponsible, and financial ridicule. No yours sincerely Richard Farquar Poncey britches biscuit barrel. No speak for the people.

Howl at the moon.

W**F

> These signage units are LED low powered units.

woofmarkthedog, i hate to p*ss on you p*ssing on fires, but shopfront signs are still fluorescent based. Usually using lots of tubes to produce an even field. LEDs are coming along in their development and application, but they are still many times more expensive than other light sources.

To recreate a fluorescent shop sign using LEDs would cost thousands of pounds, rather than a couple of hundred for fluorsecent.

Considering the subject of this thread, i hardly think foxtons would invest this kind of money to lead the way in shop front lighting.

They'd much rather spend their profits on badly parked garish minis...

Danstable Wrote:

> Horsebox - If Foxtons threads bore you why on

> earth did you even choose to read a thread titled

> 'Foxtons: Turn the lights out!'? Surely there was

> a clue in the title that should have indicated

> this wasn't a suitably exciting topic for you...or

> were you just looking for a topic to which you

> could add absolutely nothing of any value?

>

> HonaloochieB - Priggish I may be, but I'd rather

> that than sit idly watching ignorant idiots

> undoing the good work of many in realtion to

> reduction of power consumption. Don't get me

> wrong, I am not an eco-warrior but I can't agree

> with wasteful actions that are of no benefit to

> anyone. By the way, I hold my hands up to my

> mistake regards Sir/Madam, I should also have

> signed off with 'Yours faithfully'....but thought

> better of it incase I was viewed as being priggish

> in my attention to detail ;o)

>

> Mick Mac - I agree that the bold colours serve to

> liven up 'the strip' but this could be achieved

> with far less lighting than is currently used.

> Failing to switch off lights can't really be

> classed as innovation now can it?!

Dan

Have you seen "Enter The Dragon"? the scene with the mirrors......NO ?

They seem to be coming at you from all angles here.

"Whhhhhhhaaaa choooooooop"

W**F

woofmarkthedog - All angles indeed! Didn't expect this when I posted my original message but never mind, it's keeping me amused whilst I sit at home with a broken leg.

If you look at my post history you will see that I have nothing against Foxtons, having never contributed to any other Foxtons bashing thread. Therefore I think many of the comments aimed in my direction via re-wording or playful re-writing of my email to Foxtons, are somewhat wide of the mark.

I look forward to the next round of comments from the small group of established EDF members that I seem to have on my back.

SeanMacGabhann - Ah yes, your post count has shown me what a real hard core member looks like! Must work harder to get mine up from the paltry 11 or so it is on at the moment....perhaps I hold some sort of record for having over 50% of my posts on just one thread?! The leg is almost better so should be able to hold the weight of a few more on my back shortly.

Danstable Wrote:

> woofmarkthedog - All angles indeed! Didn't expect

> this when I posted my original message but never

> mind, it's keeping me amused whilst I sit at home

> with a broken leg.

>

> If you look at my post history you will see that I

> have nothing against Foxtons, having never

> contributed to any other Foxtons bashing thread.

> Therefore I think many of the comments aimed in my

> direction via re-wording or playful re-writing of

> my email to Foxtons, are somewhat wide of the

> mark.

>

> I look forward to the next round of comments from

> the small group of established EDF members that I

> seem to have on my back.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Dan

Alfred Hitchcocks "Rear window" is a great film featuring a broken leg! (I'm sure she's talking about the EDF.)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x88b8o_rear-window-1954-grace-kelly-jimmy_shortfilms

Spooky...

W**F

Old ground, people - the c**taquarium stays switched on regardless. I doubt it's company policy to deliberately annoy wooly liberals who like to recycle, switch off unnecessary lights and who generally hate them for just being foxtons, but I also doubt they'll be heart broken by any of this.

Bignumber5 - have you lost the belief that people can change things? Has your thirst for rebellion been neutered by cappucinos, a wide variety of restaurants and a comfortable salary?

Imagine if Foxtons lighting policy across their branch network made negative news. Its a good story - as everyone loves to lay the boot in to them and you cant argue with their sheer lack environmental policy and general wastage. It's almost a metaphor for the whole brand to be honest - excessive cost, relentless, motivated greed and zero regard for life itself.

Looking in my little black book I have contacts at The One Show, The Guardian Weekend and the BBC newsdesk... shall I?

Mick Mac Wrote:

> Looking in my little black book I have contacts at

> The One Show, The Guardian Weekend and the BBC

> newsdesk... shall I?

>

> I used to have girls in my little black book. They

> tended to switch off the lights.

---------------------------------------------------------

Are you that scary looking Mic Mac ? you seem quite nice on here.

No offence Mick but if you were in my bed I'd switch the lights off too.

Anyway I have had a good business day today and with Mrs Ben off sunning herself am now needing A Cause for a Monday Night that wil benefit the planet as a whole and make Foxtons think twice about their all night social nuisance of a tool tank. Anyone volunteering to do a short piece to camera / act as spokesman/woman?

Hmm ....see they change colour the Foxtons signs,it's only LED that can do this.If you look close you can see a web of lamps behind the signage.

OK, so as i wipe the egg off my face and polish of my humble pie i admit you're right woofmarkthedog.

Just walked past and saw it.

Apologies to you...

I am surprised though, they must be making far too much money!

Danstable Wrote:

> I look forward to the next round of comments from

> the small group of established EDF members that I

> seem to have on my back.

The only comment I would make Danstable is that, your courageous act in posting the contents of your email gave me that extra prompt to (a) firstly, email F and (b)to then post its contents. Also well done to Steveo who provided the link - making it nice and easy for us.

LM (a relative newbie;-))

PS: here's wishing your broken leg a speedy recovery

panda boy Wrote:

> Hmm ....see they change colour the Foxtons

> signs,it's only LED that can do this.If you look

> close you can see a web of lamps behind the

> signage.

>

> OK, so as i wipe the egg off my face and polish of

> my humble pie i admit you're right

> woofmarkthedog.

> Just walked past and saw it.

> Apologies to you...

> I am surprised though, they must be making far too

> much money!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Pb.

No probs, they are so cheap now that there is virtually a cost parity in the med / long term to flouro lamps now.

I used to be a shop fitter, companies like Foxton have big budgets for bulk deals & probably get them made in China.

Also bear in mind they paid ?390 million for the company, the brand re-vamp & expansion was costed into that no doubt & E.D is a newish branch.

W**F

I for one much prefer the Foxtons to the old social security building that used to be there. I think its good for ED.

There is a lot of Foxtons hatred about and I don't understand it - if you were selling a house they are probably the best at getting a good price, thats why they have been successful.

As regards lighting, I'm hoping the rapid emergence of wind/renewable energy will fill the supply lost through finite sources, so in general I don't concern myself too much about energy issues. Some solution will be found.

Amelie Wrote:

> Actually yes I would ask for the lighting at

> Piccadilly Circus to be turned off, if I knew to

> whom to write. All lights on buildings and

> floodlights attached to buildings should be

> switched on only at lighting up time and should be

> switched off at 11.00pm. All streetlights should

> be fitted with 'blinkers' so that the light they

> produce is aimed towards the pavement and not in a

> general halo around them, and all orange sodium

> bulbs should be replaced with white halogen

> bulbs.

>

> Here endeth the rant.

I do hope you compost your own s**t instead off allowing it to be poured into the sea.